What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell asleep early last night. Slept through rain and wind storm. Trees down all around me this morning. About the worst I suffered is a couple lawn chairs blew over and I was kicked off the internet most of the day. I went to a store. They were closed no power. Then Just as I was turning away, their power came on and they opened. No power for ~ 24 hours. Needless to say, they had emptied their freezers, meats, dairy and even their cheeses, and most cold foods and they had produce and canned goods. I bought a loaf bread and a watermelon is all.

Last edited:
Nice hot day, slightly humid, a good day for all of the local high school kids to graduate and party.

The heat and humidity are supposed to be with us for a few days.

We are truly blessed in CNY, no fire, no flood, no locust!

Can't complain too loud! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm freezing my shorts-clad knees in the sunroom - and enjoying every minute of it! Wish I could bottle and bag this up for use over the next 4-6 days. Heading for the mid-80s and more until later next week. phew!

Right now at Lake Geneva WI we have upper 70s with humidity typical Midwest summer morning. Later this afternoon as the atmosphere heats thunderstorms will pop. I hope they hold off long enough for the cousins reunion.

Strange. It's really cloudy, has rained periodically, and feels cooler than 80°F. We were up to 88° earlier.

Looking forward to seeing the Supermoon tonight, if the clouds allow it!

Last edited:
Very hot and humid, nice breeze!

Do any of you notice an increase in the number of emails from pizza shops as the temperature goes up!

I've gotten three from Papa John's so far this morning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Beautiful morning. 65 degrees. I just got back from walking with the dogs. I am sweating because we actually have humitiy this morning. 47%! We usually have about 5%. Amazing.

We could not see the super moon last night as it was so overcast. Continued to be overcast all morning. Then around 9 am it got very dark....it looked like 7 pm. It poured rain for about a half an hour. Now the sun is out & very humid. Sunny sky with a high of 85 expected in SE S.D.

It's been rumbling all morning, with occasional rain. 72° F now.

It was too cloudy here to see the super moon last night too.

There is an ominous cloud hanging over the neighborhood and rumblings of thunder in the west and southwest. So far no rain. Probably have this for the next hour until it either dumps or moves on. Since grilling was planned for 9:00PM we should be OK - fingers crossed.

A heavy thunderstorm hung around here for more than 30 minutes. That is veryy unusal. It usually blows through and goes on its way. Rain came down in sheets. :angel:

Weather put the kabosh on grilling outdoors. Thunder, rain, lightening, downpours, showers...and then it all stopped when I put the chops back into the refrigerator and baked boxed stuff. Figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom