What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pouring down rain and 82% humidity :(

This morning we were going to head down to the local park where there is a huge Christmas in July sale going on - guess it's on to plan B now since I'm sure everything is a wet mess down there .. it's all outside .. those poor people :(

Hope you are staying safe PF with the fires next to you! Take care!!

Woke up to a nice rain at 5 30 am today. It seemed to break this miserably hot week we have had here in SE S.D. It was in the low 80's all day then cooled off nicely tonight. Great night to walk the dog.

Hope this rain is heading your way.

Hope you are staying safe PF with the fires next to you! Take care!!

Woke up to a nice rain at 5 30 am today. It seemed to break this miserably hot week we have had here in SE S.D. It was in the low 80's all day then cooled off nicely tonight. Great night to walk the dog.

Hope this rain is heading your way.

Thanks, SB...the big fire is at 4550 acres now, but it's not headed towards any communities. The smaller one is almost contained. The smoke is still building up and there are wildfires in Idaho that are blowing their smoke our way. Looks like I won't be called this time. Waiting is.

It is freezing, it is down to 5c it has been hailing and raining...truly freezing

Kylie, technically "0" would be down to freezing. ;) You don't want to know how many below freezing days we get in the northern part of the U.S. I have to admit though that 5c (or 41 F) and rain is miserable. To me that is more miserable than below freezing and snow. At least snow is dry.

A gorgeous day with low humidity. It would have been fine without the new AC.

You did it! You brought cooler weather! Now please send some south our way, OK?

I have to admit that the sunroom is into the 70s and it's not even midnight! Looks like the coming week will be mostly in the 80s. 80 isn't cool by any means but it sure beats 97, 96, 90-anything. :)

A swamp cooler works kinda backwards from an air conditioner. ACs are good where the weather is humid when it is hot; it cools in part by drying the air out by removing moisture from the house it is cooling. A swamp cooler is good for hot, dry climates like AZ. Instead of taking moisture out of the already very dry air it adds some in while cooling the temperature. I was in AZ with our son a couple of Augusts when he was moving into his housing. The cutest thing I saw out there were misters. Like little sprinklers on tall pipes, they sprayed very fine water droplets into the air while you sat at outdoor dining. Looked silly but worked like a charm. *ah*

That's exactly it CG. Of course they are in their monsoon season now so the swamp coolers are useless! (I didn't know they had monsoon seasons in AZ either.) You really do learn something knew every day!

As for today's weather in Hampshire: Slightly hazy skies, but still hot and sunny with temps around 28/29C (82/84f)

Last edited:
82°F and cloudy, a nice break from the triple digits! Supposed to rain, none yet here along the river.

Bit of a storm just ended here. Quite a bit of booming and bumping and significant lightning. Sadly a lightning strike took out our beautiful redbud tree just outside our bed room. Split it down the middle and knocked it all down. Nothing hit the house but the tree is a goner. I'm going to miss that beautiful tree. Redbuds are at the top of my "favorites" list when it comes to trees.

Bit of a storm just ended here. Quite a bit of booming and bumping and significant lightning. Sadly a lightning strike took out our beautiful redbud tree just outside our bed room. Split it down the middle and knocked it all down. Nothing hit the house but the tree is a goner. I'm going to miss that beautiful tree. Redbuds are at the top of my "favorites" list when it comes to trees.
I'm sorry to hear that you lost a lovely tree, but relieved that the lightening and the tree didn't hit your house.

Sorry about the tree, Karie, but glad it missed you!!:angel:

Love redbuds too. Sorry to hear this, Katie, and I too am glad it didn't cause more damage.

I have a sun-roof though! If ever the sun does come out I have the sun roof open and the windows down. (Hence a burnt right arm and top of head currently!) :) We Brits are famous for burning ourselves to a crisp by rushing out into the sun on the rare occasions it chooses to visit us!

How come any time I watch a British TV show like Downton Abby, the outside scenes are always sunny? Does the sun only shine for TV productions? :angel:

You did it! You brought cooler weather! Now please send some south our way, OK?

I have to admit that the sunroom is into the 70s and it's not even midnight! Looks like the coming week will be mostly in the 80s. 80 isn't cool by any means but it sure beats 97, 96, 90-anything. :)

When I got up this morning the temp was at 72ºF. It is now 73ºF. the heat wave has finally broken. We managed to set some records with this one. :angel:

How come any time I watch a British TV show like Downton Abby, the outside scenes are always sunny? Does the sun only shine for TV productions? :angel:

I suspect it is very clever lighting mostly. Trust me, the place where they film (Highclere Castle) is literally up the road from me - and definitely no sunnier than where I live. It IS very picturesque though. :)

I adore Downton Abbey!

I suspect it is very clever lighting mostly. Trust me, the place where they film (Highclere Castle) is literally up the road from me - and definitely no sunnier than where I live. It IS very picturesque though. :)

I adore Downton Abbey!

We will be getting the next season Starting January 5th. So be prepared. We even have a long healthy thread about it. Our members in England and Australia get it before we do. But they have been really good about not revealing anything. No spoilers here. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom