What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't climbed out of the 60's. Sweater wearing days. I still have my windows wide open. I bundle up rather than close them. To do that is to admit that summer is over. I didn't even spend one day down on the patio this year. Most of the days were too hot. Now it is too cool. I just can't seem to win this year.

Our worry here is the Eastern Equine Encephalitis. Even though it is cool, a lot of the towns are spraying at night. Those towns have suspended all night time activities for the kids and some adult ones like a concert in the evening. :angel:

The temperature was not very hot here today. I do not like the hot weather and the bugs that bite me. I have the tiny vegetable garden here and a bee stung me last week as I was attending the garden.

Addie, is the Eastern Equine Encephalitis the type of the horse disease of the brain? Are they spraying the pesticides? Please be careful of the sprays. Can you wear the protection of the mask if you must go outside during the night?
~Cat

Last edited:
The temperature was not very hot here today. I do not like the hot weather and the bugs that bite me. I have the tiny vegetable garden here and a bee stung me last week as I was attending the garden.

Addie, is the Eastern Equine Encephalitis the type of the horse disease of the brain? Are they spraying the pesticides? Please be careful of the sprays. Can you wear the protection of the mask if you must go outside during the night?
~Cat

Yes it is. It is carried by the mosquito. Towns that have stagnant ponds are the towns that have the problem. Starting in late spring, our State Public Health Department start catching mosquitos and testing them. When they find a large amount of the critters carrying the disease, then the town will most likely be spraying. I live in the city, and none have been found here. Most folks stay inside at night in the affected towns as they know that is when the mosquitos are at their worst and come out to play.

The next time you should get stung by a bee or hornet, make a paste of MSG, (meat tenderizer) and apply to the sting. It will stop the pain and make it easier to get the stinger out. Accent and Adolph's are well known brands and should be on your store shelf. :angel:

It was a nice 75F on my way to work at 7 am today, but the high reached 95F again today, to warm for comfort. Hoping it cools down for Labor day weekend this weekend!

HOT. And dark. Took Beagle for a walk when it got down to 85°F, I was still sweating my rear off. No rain in sight.

Does it help any of you if you know that we have been in the 60's for the past few days? I hope that news helps and makes you feel cooler. I know I am feeling the chill. I have had my shawl on all day. :angel:

Settled into the sunroom to cruise DC with a few crackers and a glass of wine. Hmm, thunder to the south of me, a bit of light flashing to the north. Looked at a radar map online and :ohmy:!
See that white vertical line in the bottom-right of the image? It's running down a patch of green with a whole LOT of reds and oranges to the left. Um, we live in that white line....

Gonna get nailed! And just yesterday Himself was complaining how the storms split as they got near our town, then headed north and south. Making up for it now...

I am in SW Mn. for a long weekend. It's been much cooler today, in the mid 70's. It has cooled down tonight in the low 60's, had to wear a coat out tonight as the wind made it feel much cooler.

Today is the first day that has really felt like fall!

Cold, crisp and sunny!

The local apple orchards are starting to press cider!

The only thing missing is a warm cinnamon doughnut or two! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm going to visit Aunt Bea. Weather man said it would be 84° F here today, it got to 92°. Whew.

The cicadas are singing now, sounds amazing.

Mid 80's & humid. High 90's predicted tomorrow through the weekend. Looking forward to some cooler temp.'s!!

Right now it is a chilly 70ºF. Every so often a breeze blows and it comes right in the window at me. I refuse to close the window. It is too early. Sitting here at the computer, I am right in line with the open window. I like to keep it open since I smoke. I have my sweater on. I went outside earlier for a while and put it on. I hate being on blood thinners. It makes me more sensitive to the cold around me. I am going to get out my other blanket in case I have to hunker down for the night. I sleep so soundly when the air is cooler. As long as I am not shivering. :angel:

Another 92°F. Over a month without rain, would have been nice if we could have stockpiled some of what we got this spring.

Perfect. 71 degrees blue skies white puffy clouds. Humidity level down.
AND the Indians are winning! Perfect night. I might be in MA but my laptop can put me in Cleveland to hear the baseball game. ;)

Right now it is a chilly 70ºF....
I can't get over the moderating effect of the ocean temperature. Then again, it's pretty much the same if you live close to Lake Erie or if you're 20 miles out like we were. Anyway, when I was driving home from the grocery stores around 7:30 or so the thermometer in my car was reading 56. We went below 50 last night and I'm sure we'll do the same tonight. Both kitty and I are eyeing that fireplace..

AND the Indians are winning! Perfect night. I might be in MA but my laptop can put me in Cleveland to hear the baseball game. ;)

I can't get over the moderating effect of the ocean temperature. Then again, it's pretty much the same if you live close to Lake Erie or if you're 20 miles out like we were. Anyway, when I was driving home from the grocery stores around 7:30 or so the thermometer in my car was reading 56. We went below 50 last night and I'm sure we'll do the same tonight. Both kitty and I are eyeing that fireplace..

I live only a block from Logan and the waterfront. At Constitution Beach, at low tide you can walk over to the takeoff runway. Not advised. Cameras everywhere. But being so close to the water, it makes a big difference in our temperature and yours. Even when the wind is westerly. When it is from the east, the temperature really drops. Right in from the Atlantic. And I love it when everyone else's temps are in the 90's. Just not too crazy with it in the winter and I have to go out on my scooter. I don't have a windshield. Riding into the wind and the temp is in the 20's is no fun. :angel:

I live only a block from Logan and the waterfront. At Constitution Beach, at low tide you can walk over to the takeoff runway. Not advised. Cameras everywhere. But being so close to the water, it makes a big difference in our temperature and yours. Even when the wind is westerly. When it is from the east, the temperature really drops. Right in from the Atlantic. And I love it when everyone else's temps are in the 90's. Just not too crazy with it in the winter and I have to go out on my scooter. I don't have a windshield. Riding into the wind and the temp is in the 20's is no fun. :angel:
You need a pair of these:

goggles1.jpg

:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom