What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sticky, humid, mid 60's.

Adirondack leaves are at peak or just a little past peak, our area still has a ways to go.

Fall returns the middle of next week!

It's a little after 1 p.m. and it's 86 degrees outside. What happened to fall? A couple weeks ago, we had daily temps that barely reached the low 70s. Now I have to move my lettuce seedlings into the shade. Luckily I planted them in a window box ;)

PF, I saw on the news there's lots of snow out your way. Did you get any?

We are having our Indian Summer right now. This is my favorite time of the year. The leaves are changing and the tree out front will be in full color by midweek. :angel:

PF, I saw on the news there's lots of snow out your way. Did you get any?

I wondered the same thing, PF.

Most of the snow was up higher and east of the Rockies, the warmer weather yesterday left most of the snow on the mountain tops!

It's just clicked - that's below freezing! Mind you, you're very high up aren't you?

We are 3,209 feet (978 m) in altitude, I grew up at over 7,000 feet in Wyoming.

Cold temp.'s here, I love it! High of 52F today, not much for sunshine, overcast all day. Western S.D. recieved 48" of snow, they can have it! It usually doesn't last long out there. We are about 400 miles east of there. We have some family out that way. They lost power yesterday afternoon, almost everything is closed or postponed.

Cold temp.'s here, I love it! High of 52F today, not much for sunshine, overcast all day. Western S.D. recieved 48" of snow, they can have it! It usually doesn't last long out there. We are about 400 miles east of there. We have some family out that way. They lost power yesterday afternoon, almost everything is closed or postponed.

That's because it gets sucked into Wyoming...:LOL:

We are having our Indian Summer right now. This is my favorite time of the year. The leaves are changing and the tree out front will be in full color by midweek. :angel:
Did you have a frost yet Addie? You need a frost for it to technically be "Indian Summer". We haven't dropped into the 30s yet this autumn. Just touches of color our way, but lots of green The last few days we've had a very narrow temperature swing - mid-50s at night, may mid-60s for the high of the day. If the sun would come out it would be perfect.

Did you have a frost yet Addie? You need a frost for it to technically be "Indian Summer". We haven't dropped into the 30s yet this autumn. Just touches of color our way, but lots of green The last few days we've had a very narrow temperature swing - mid-50s at night, may mid-60s for the high of the day. If the sun would come out it would be perfect.

Because I live so close to the ocean, we may not get a frost until the end of December. (I live a block from the Atlantic.) And some years none at all. The ocean water is always warmer than the air and when the wind is coming in off the ocean, it is always warmer here than the rest of inner Boston. So we take our Indian Summer when we get it.

The strange thing is our Boston information comes from the Weather Bureau located out at Logan Airport. If you look at the map, the airport is surrounded by the ocean. So technically, their reports don't apply to Eastie. Even the airport doesn't go by their reports. That is why you see weather socks all over the airport and even on the outskirts of the airport. There is a whole row of them on Saratoga Street on the way to Winthrop. If fact, most of their reports don't even apply to Boston at all. They are never spot on for Boston. Only for the rest of the Commonwealth. If you see pictures of Boston Harbor frozen over, then you know it is a cold winter. :angel:

Woke up to 42° F, it's currently 50° and clouding up. Windows are open, so it's about the same temp in the house.

Cold, overcast & misting off & on all day here in SE S.D. It's in the mid 40's. Time to get the fall jackets out.

It's 85°F outside right now. When the inside temp reaches 80, on goes the A/C. I keep seeing the "What are you baking today?" thread and thinking, "Are you kidding?!? Nothing!!!" :LOL:

It's 85°F outside right now. When the inside temp reaches 80, on goes the A/C. I keep seeing the "What are you baking today?" thread and thinking, "Are you kidding?!? Nothing!!!" :LOL:
But isn't that what A/C is for? :LOL:

55 last night, 61 today, and bone-chilling dampness for two days. Caved in and turned the heat on...and it isn't even November 1st! (Family joke - Himself's cousin, who lived in Burke, VA before moving to Williamsburg a few years ago, absolutely refuses to turn the heat on before Nov. 1st.) Heat will be off again soon since I just wanted to take the chill out of the house. Besides, it's supposed to be 75 and very humid tomorrow. Sure hope we don't need the air! :ohmy:

47°F...Turns out the migraine I have been fighting back the last several days is actually a raging sinus infection...I'm still going for a walk in the morning.

Ugh....hope you feel better soon, Princess.

It's finally starting to cool down here and I'm wearing my beloved sweatshirts, at least in the morning. 60 degrees right now. The multiple weeks of 110-115 during the summer kicked my butt. lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom