What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday it was so warm while we were sightseeing we had to go and put our coats back in the car...and had I been wearing a t shirt I would have taken my jumper off too....and today its cold and wet again....everyday is a surprise these days

Ugh. Ohio is in the crosshairs of a winter storm with about 10" of snow and a couple inches of ice accumulation predicted. I just heard on the radio that it's going to comparable to the 2004 Christmas Ice Storm. I'm gonna ride it out at my parent's house since they have a fireplace and a woodburning stove. The storm that blew through in 2004 knocked out power in Central Ohio for as long as three weeks (we were lucky, we're on a small rural grid and power was back up after only 9 hours.) Time to head into town and stock up on food, booze and ammunition!

The temp has screamed up to 40 degrees F today. However, it's grey and ugly. Been raining steadily all morning. Temp is supposed to drop like a rock and snow is supposed to arrive tomorrow sometime. Once again, I'll believe it when I see it.

This is the kind of day that calls for a comfy chair, a couple of snuggling kitties, a cup of tea and a good book. Alas, I have to chain myself to my keyboard this afternoon.:mad: Another day.

Edmonton weather

it is -17C in Edmonton with snow on and off all week :eek:
but it supposed to get upto 0C by the weekend :)

We are supposed to get the leftovers of Charc's weather in Ohio - could be just as nasty here. Everyone at work was talking about how much work they are taking to do at home tomorrow. We'll see.

36 degrees at the moment and the snow and ice is crashing down from the roof.
Unfort., we are about to be hit with a severe snow storm from what I hear and if we get the winds they say it'll be like a blizzard. And just when I was getting excited about Spring around the corner Winter flings the door wide open again.

This morning the sky is clear and blue and the sun is filtering into our dark little courtyard...I have hung washing out on anything that stands still out there! Sun is good for the soul, even for winter lovers like me!

Apparently, there is a 'winter weather' advisory in effect. It's one of those scenarios when they are not quite sure what we're going to get hit with so they cover their collective a**es by suggesting every possible outcome. I could get 1-3 inches of snow if blah blah happens. If yak yak happens, I could get 4-8 inches followed by a wintery mix (and who coined the term 'wintery mix,' anyway? How come there is never a summery mix?) And, if the mother of all blinkety blanks comes to pass, it's possible that not only will we get 12 inches of snow, but there is the distinct possibility that it will be assisted by another coined phrase ' lake effect snow', the dreaded wintery mix, and bridges freezing before road surfaces. All in all.....it's mid February and I suppose anything could happen.

Personally, I don't care....just as long as Laguardia is clear by Sunday morning.:-p

Not much happening here yet - a little snow is all so far. We are supposed to get the "wintry mix" like Vera, but in the worst possible combination - ice and sleet on top of the snow.

I brought a bunch of files home on a jump drive so I wouldn't entirely lose a whole day's worth of work, but I see from my office email that the PM is making changes to these files so that's a bust. Can't access the office server from home to pick up other work, so I am SOL for the day.

We were supposed to hit 70 yesterday, but I don't think we did. Today is supposed to be about 65 then start nosediving again - 20's low Saturday night. Like a roller coaster.

rain, rain, rain, rain....
the problem:
without the whole roof, it's not that water-proof as it should be and we have lots and lots of small corners where it's getting wet.. :angry:
but our landlord (?) will be here soon to see this all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom