What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crumbs, -18C! And I thought it was cold tonight when I went up to the yard to put Horse to bed and there was just a light frost in places!

I don't like a warm bedroom and don't have the heat on overnight so I will resort to a hot water bottle tonight, I think.
Isn't that awfully cold for England? It's not so unusual here in Quebec, but we do get really cold winters.

A crisp 24°F here and a beautiful full moon tonight. Saw a bunch of soaring bald eagles earlier today when I drove along the river, as well as one along the side of the road who must have been fishing in the little pond on my way to work.

Last edited:
A crisp 24°F here and a beautiful full moon tonight. Saw a bunch of soaring bald eagles earlier today when I drove along the river, as well as one along the side of the road who must have been fishing in the little pond on my way to work.
Sounds just like our temp.'s here. The wind makes it feel colder though. The moon is really beautiful tonight.:):angel::angel:

Sounds just like our temp.'s here. The wind makes it feel colder though. The moon is really beautiful tonight.:):angel::angel:

Yes, the wind was fierce today. We usually get your weather a day or so later than you. We had to shut the blinds last night, the moon was so bright. But when I looked out the BR window, the sky was enveloped in the most gorgeous pinks and purples around 5:30 am.

Last edited:
It is snowing outside like Taxy's Google enhanced picture. Large flakes.
It must be the last hurrah before the forty degree weather we are supposed to start getting starting tomorrow. Supposed to...

We got about 6" overnight. SO had an awful commute home last night. She had to stop 3-4 times to clear the ice off her wipers. Today is warmer and sunny. About 40ºF so stuff is melting.

We got about 6" overnight. SO had an awful commute home last night. She had to stop 3-4 times to clear the ice off her wipers. Today is warmer and sunny. About 40ºF so stuff is melting.

It was bad last night. Andy. The Pirate stayed late at work making extra money shoveling and using the snow blower. He headed home after 10 p.m. My daughter left work at 1 p.m. Even then it took her over an hour to get from Quincy to Eastie. Normally a 20 minute ride for her. Several years ago I gave her one of those radio/flashlight/emergency beacon/thingamagigs for her to keep in the trunk of her car. Her husband kept taking it out to make room for his stuff. We both finally jumped all over his case. I also insist that she keep a blanket in the trunk. It is too easy to get caught behind a spinout on the Southeast Xway. She kept thinking about her emergency supplies all the way home wondering if she was going to need them. :angel:

Not only seeing crocuses, CG... I can hear the loons!
:LOL:
What was that you said? That you're a little loony? :whistling

Right now it feels warm compared to the last couple days. We're hanging around the freezing mark.

I keep watching the weather for our trip later this week. Seems like the weather is cooperating - every time I check the 10-day, every spot along the route has increasingly warmer temps. Looks like no chance of icing driving through PA. :w00t: Hoping to get away on Friday, when it's expected to be in the mid-40s and cloudy. Perfect weather for sleeping. ;) (Himself always drives 1st leg since I'm scurrying around getting last-minute stuff done while he sleeps, then get up well before he does doing...last minute things. *sigh*)

What was that you said? That you're a little loony? :whistling

Right now it feels warm compared to the last couple days. We're hanging around the freezing mark.

I keep watching the weather for our trip later this week. Seems like the weather is cooperating - every time I check the 10-day, every spot along the route has increasingly warmer temps. Looks like no chance of icing driving through PA. :w00t: Hoping to get away on Friday, when it's expected to be in the mid-40s and cloudy. Perfect weather for sleeping. ;) (Himself always drives 1st leg since I'm scurrying around getting last-minute stuff done while he sleeps, then get up well before he does doing...last minute things. *sigh*)

I missed the part where you said you'd be dropping off some fresh lobsters to me :angel:

If we could, we would. Unfortunately, no $3.99 ones right now. Besides, we take two days to drive in so I'm not sure how fresh they'd be. But I bet they'd be better ride-along companions than our crazy cat!

hey MadCook.... it is 13 F and -11 C here (6pm) .... I also don't like a hot bedroom, so usually on nights like tonight I let the fire die out and the house goes cold.... course I have a pair of warm socks by the bed for the morning to get downstairs and try to re-ignite the coals.... brrrr sometimes I really do miss a gas/oil/anykind of furnace... but then again, I would miss the fire!

ummm, Cooking Goddess???? would you mind driving a little west and drop off a few lobsters here????

Addie.... tea candle, the type that burn for hours, and a book of matches in the glove department, can keep a car many degrees above. and maybe save a life.

Last edited:
hey MadCook.... it is 13 F and -11 C here (6pm) .... I also don't like a hot bedroom, so usually on nights like tonight I let the fire die out and the house goes cold.... course I have a pair of warm socks by the bed for the morning to get downstairs and try to re-ignite the coals.... brrrr sometimes I really do miss a gas/oil/anykind of furnace... but then again, I would miss the fire!

ummm, Cooking Goddess???? would you mind driving a little west and drop off a few lobsters here????

Addie.... tea candle, the type that burn for hours, and a book of matches in the glove department, can keep a car many degrees above. and maybe save a life.
I second the candle and matches.

Warmer today here too. We're all the way up to -9 C (16 F).

We're supposed to get freezing rain. So far it's 34°F, so no freezing yet. We are getting rain. Should be fun tomorrow though.

SB, are you sending us this?

Last edited:
We're supposed to get freezing rain. So far it's 34°F, so no freezing yet. We are getting rain. Should be fun tomorrow though.

SB, are you sending us this?
No rain here. Just darn cold again. The nice temp.'s didn't stick around to long. At 7 am it was 10 above zero, that was the high for today. We saw a few snow flurries around noon, but it didn't amount to much. Somewhere below 0 tonight.:angel:

We're getting lucky. At 1:10 a.m. it's still 43 degrees outside. Weather calks for rain this weekend. So with the warm temps and rain all the snow is melting (YAY!!!!)
however we're under flood warnings until Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom