What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, snap Cara!

we haven't seen our landlord since the last episode, but we have started the process of taking action.....problem is where we will live then, lol!

We are under a winter storm warning here, again. We had snow in the night, now sleet/freezing rain and icing. supposed to have freezing rain all day. Luckily, my office decided to close today so I can watch it all happen without setting foot outdoors.

lulu said:
LOL, snap Cara!

we haven't seen our landlord since the last episode, but we have started the process of taking action.....problem is where we will live then, lol!

they started the action already... and we would have our roof restored if.. if it wouldn't have start raining last week... they can't bring the isolation on if it's raining... we have to wait for better weather...
and THEN we can start to renovate... but it makes no sense now...
and I think if we do one room after the other we weill have space to live in ;o)

The White Death has arrived. Man! I haven't seen it blow like this in years and the heavy stuff hasn't even started. I had to put on my Carhartts just to bring in firewood. I'm thinking that it's totally unnecessary to go outside today.

It's about 50 degrees F right now and been raining since last night. I just checked the rain gauge and we've gotten about an inch so far. Supposed to stop soon and turn colder, then the snow/sleet/ice is predicted to arrive. Temps are also supposed to drop like a rock to the single digits. Sounds like a good day to pile up the firewood and sit close to the woodstove.

65* partly cloudy....
Went walking in my shirt sleeves...but is forcast to turn cold...

We have a saying here....If you don't like the weather...stick around..It will change tomorrow!!! Especially this time of the year!

Today: Snow. Gusty winds will cause blowing snow at times. High near 20F. Winds NE at 25 to 35 mph. Additional snow accumulating 4 to 6 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. We were hit with blizzards like conditions and the snow is still coming down. DH tried to make it to work this morning but only got about 2 miles and had to turn around because its just too bad out there. They had precancelled school yesterday and I look for it to be closed tomorrow and maybe even Wed.

Thats okay though because I don't plan on going anywhere ;)

Oh, great! It's stopped doing just about everything here. Had to lose a day of work and now will have to go in tomorrow when it will be even nastier outside.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We're expecting a pretty bad snow storm to hit us. They're calling for 7-14 inches today and another 4-8 tomorrow. It's snowing now but nothing drastic at the meoment. Usually alot of these storms just barely pass us but I'm afraid there's no getting out of this one.

We have a saying here....If you don't like the weather...stick around..It will change tomorrow

Wow Uncle Bob... our saying is " Give it a minute and it'll change. "
I'll trade ya the minute for a whole day.

Snow

This morning it was raining, turned to sleet, now it is snowing and temperature dropping and it isn't even 3 in afternoon yet. I thought in afternoon temperature would be warmer. No. I would like to know I have a 75ft driveway to shovel. Normally, I wait till it quits snowing but it hasn't stopped. Do you think waiting till it stops is good idea or would you shovel some of it now even though it still snowing? My neighbors just drive over it and don't shovel. I am lucky to have a hill on my driveway and hard to get up. Right now I am alone and I sure don't want to hear any questions about why I didn't do something? If you could give me your opinion I would appreicate it. Thanks for understanding.

middie said:
We're expecting a pretty bad snow storm to hit us. They're calling for 7-14 inches today and another 4-8 tomorrow. It's snowing now but nothing drastic at the meoment. Usually alot of these storms just barely pass us but I'm afraid there's no getting out of this one.

I think your directly east of me and if so Middie....hang on you got a doozy coming your way. I thought ours was slacking off some but its picking up speed....the snow is really coming down and the wind is picking up more. If your going to get what we have then I'd advice you to go hit the store now if you need anything.

I do not miss the hassle of snow. I used to love the first beautiful foot but then it turned into a pita. :neutral:

I think we hit 65 today which is warm for this area in February but I'm not complaining. I have the windows and doors open but I'm wearing a sweater...now that the rain has begun, it's getting cooler.

:LOL: we just had a guy get stuck in our front yard.....I'm sure I won't think its funny come spring and I have to fill in the ruts..... but I have to admit it was fun helping him and DH get him out. I haven't played in the snow in a long time. Just wished I had some snow boots :) .

It's 26 degrees and we're expecting a nor'easter in a few hours. Shopped for provisions this morning, lamb chops and applesauce, so I'm prepared. Heh, there's a 24 hour fruit stand right around the corner so it's not like I'm toughing anything out.......:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom