What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas!

We have about 4 inches of new snow!

It's about 14 degrees, the sun is shining, the pine trees outside my window are frosted with fresh snow and a few sparkling snowflakes are floating in the air, perfect!

I hear those sleigh bells jingling....:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I like the house to be about 75ºF when I take a shower. The temp keeps going down. So I boost the heat up again. And it goes back to 70º again and again. I cannot get this apartment warm. I have a sweater on over my housecoat and nightgown. When I got up this morning it was 29ºF. out. It is now down to 16ºF. I have the blower on high and have finally put a large pot of water on the stove on low to get some humidity going in here. I hate being on these dang blood thinners. I never feel warm in the winter. I think I am going to bring my heavy bathrobe with me to my daughter's house. The keep their house at 65ºF. Either that or sit and eat in my heavy furry winter coat. :angel:

It's 31°F and cloudy today. Brrrr! I know it's not what a lot of you deal with, but we're not used to it down here! And after 80° the other day, I'm FREEZING! Luckily, Santa brought me a bottle of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. A splash in my coffee will warm me up! ;)

GG, is that Godiva Liqueur white or regular chocolate?

It's -17C (1 F) and sunny and the sun is reflecting off all the accumulated snow. It was very pretty, with lots of sparkles, last night.

The only time I wish we had snow would be on Christmas. It must be so very beautiful !

We'll have the AC on at some point today as the temps will be in the 80's. Although that's especially warm for this time of year, it still feels like Christmas as it's always been home for me.

It's 2 degrees F ( - 16 C). But it's a Balmy 2 degrees. I just finished shoveling 4 inches of snow off the sidewalks. I had so many layers on I could hardly move and almost worked up a sweat.

The new snow is so very nice on Christmas. All the evergreen trees and bare tree branches are covered in white. Try as I may, I can not wish it away tomorrow. :(:LOL:

Addie, I know about trying to keep warm in your home.. My floors are so drafty, I have on long johns and wool socks Always. The rest of my body is comfortable from the waist up. T shirt, Flannel Shirt and a hoodie. If it gets uncomfortable, then I add my bath robe too. It doesn't matter what I set the thermostat at, it is just drafty. Not complaining.

It's regular chocolate. I don't believe in white chocolate ;)
I don't either. But beware, they have a white chocolate version. I went to the SAQ (Quebec provincial liquor stores) and grabbed a bottle labelled "Godiva" and paid $36.50 (including sales taxes). You can imagine my dismay when I discovered it was white chocolate. Says so on the bottle, but I was overeager. It's not bad, but it's not worth $36.50. The SAQ doesn't carry the one with real chocolate. :mad:

It's 34 degrees right now. I am happy that we got enough snow to make it a White Christmas, but not enough to make driving difficult for people traveling. Even though we are in a snow prone area, we rarely have a White Christmas.

I don't either. But beware, they have a white chocolate version. I went to the SAQ (Quebec provincial liquor stores) and grabbed a bottle labelled "Godiva" and paid $36.50 (including sales taxes). You can imagine my dismay when I discovered it was white chocolate. Says so on the bottle, but I was overeager. It's not bad, but it's not worth $36.50. The SAQ doesn't carry the one with real chocolate. :mad:

Bummer. I've seen the white chocolate version. Luckily, DH knows I don't like it.

Snowing here, too. Just a light dusting on top of a couple inches this morning. It seems warm, but I'm not sure what the temp is. Close to 30 anyway.

It feels downright tropical at 20 or so degrees. My poor doggie. She wanted to go out when I was up at 3 a.m. a few days ago. I looked at my thermometer, -11. I let her out, but watched (she's a 25 lb short-haired dog). She peed and tried. Then I let her in and gave her a treat. She wanted to go out again, and she tried again. (at this time I think it was -14). She's a very well house trained dog, but she finally gave in and pooped inside. Couldn't bring myself to be mad at her at all!

The only time I wish we had snow would be on Christmas. It must be so very beautiful !

We'll have the AC on at some point today as the temps will be in the 80's. Although that's especially warm for this time of year, it still feels like Christmas as it's always been home for me.

After college, I moved to southern California and had a beautiful view overlooking the Belmont Shore Pier. Loved it there except for the lack of seasons. Time felt like it started to rush by, so I had to move back to where there were distinctive seasons with snow and all that goes with it. I will admit that I do miss that "paradise weather" at times, but watching the changes in nature at the same time. :)

The only time I wish we had snow would be on Christmas. It must be so very beautiful !We'll have the AC on at some point today as the temps will be in the 80's. Although that's especially warm for this time of year, it still feels like Christmas as it's always been home for me.

For some reason that statement struck me as being so sad. But I can understand. The first Christmas I was in South Texas, it was 90ºF. and certainly not the holiday weather I was used to. :angel:

17 years away from Maine and I don't miss winter much at all. We are lucky to get changes of season, but luckily very little snow.

44F today, all of the snow & ice are melting. The sun has been shining all day, it's turning out to be a pretty decent day.

Yep, things are thawing here again, too.
Having dogs, I like a few thaws during the winter. Well, actually, if it thawed every few days that would be even better. It lets you start with a clean slate so to speak...

Not quite thawing here, but less cold. -9C (16F). We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday and it snowed a bit today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom