What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's snowin'. It's blowin'.
The same thing it's been doing since Tuesday.
Starting to get whiteout conditions for the drivers out there.

I see one lone set of footprints in that pic, Andy. Were they coming or going? lol

...I see one lone set of footprints in that pic, Andy. Were they coming or going? lol

They weren't mine so your guess is as good as mine. That little hill draws the neighborhood kids for sledding in the winter. It's a kick to watch them having so much fun sliding down the hill.

They weren't mine so your guess is as good as mine. That little hill draws the neighborhood kids for sledding in the winter. It's a kick to watch them having so much fun sliding down the hill.

Oh yeah... I guess that is a hill. I hadn't even noticed.
You should see how steep the hill is used for sledding in my little town. It dumps right into the township parking lot. Very little flat to ride it out. I can only imagine the kids lean over and take a spill to stop before hitting the pavement. And the top of the hill is right next to Rt 20, the busiest street here. No real area at the top of the hill either without being on the berm of the road. Those families are crazy :shock:

Nice pic. That must be fun to watch.

We're only expecting about an inch of snow. But, to make up for that, it is currently -25°C (-13°F). Brrr, feels like -39°C (-35°F).

What's up with this weather? It has "warmed up" to -23°C (-9°F) and it is snowing, lightly, but still.... It's not supposed to snow when it's this cold. And, while I was outside having a smoke, I saw three leaves fall. :wacko:

I've been following the weather back in MA for the weekend since we'll be returning then. We are finishing up with the weather that is on its way, but another round of cold and snow is due here on Sunday. Oddly, MA is the Arctic until Sunday, when it gets into the mid-30s and low 40's for Sunday and Monday...with rain. Debating if I need to sweet talk someone into clearing our driveway. It's a bit steep and I don't want to carry the stuff from the car from the bottom of the driveway.

Last edited:
I've been following the weather back in MA for the weekend since we'll be returning then. We are finishing up with the weather that is on its way, but another round of cold and snow is due here on Sunday. Oddly, MA is the Arctic until Sunday, when it gets into the mid-30s and low 40's for Sunday and Monday...with rain. Debating if I need to sweet talk someone into clearing our driveway. It's a bit steep and I don't want to carry the stuff from the car from the bottom of the driveway.

Right now all flights are cancelled and Logan is shut down. So by the time you are ready to come home, Good Luck! The plows are beginning to have trouble keeping up with the snow. Boston is in a state of Emergency. No parking, state workers staying home tomorrow. Right now we are waiting for the midnight high tide, and then the next one tomorrow around noon. Most of the storm is along the coastline. And Cape Ann has been getting the brunt so far. Cape Cod and the South Shore will get it tomorrow. You should have no problem getting up your driveway. :angel:

Why Addie, thanks for volunteering to shovel it! ♡ I think I'll call my SIL though, and ask if her hubby will do it. They're predicting nearly a foot of snow by our home and that won't melt with Saturday's cold temperatures. After driving over 600 miles I just want to pull out my jammies and go to sleep.

Why Addie, thanks for volunteering to shovel it! ♡ I think I'll call my SIL though, and ask if her hubby will do it. They're predicting nearly a foot of snow by our home and that won't melt with Saturday's cold temperatures. After driving over 600 miles I just want to pull out my jammies and go to sleep.
Be sure to go inside the house before you do that.

Sorry, the devil made me type that. ;)

Depends on how tired we are taxy. Maybe I'll get in the car in my"nicegown" * like we would do with the kids when we went to the drive-in.

* "Nicegown" is what our daughter called her favorite nightie.

OMG! I just looked at the forecast and I'm freaking out. We will probably be getting snow overnight and the temperature at 8 a.m. is expected to be 25F with a wind chill of 9! And getting colder all day! I swear, I don't have the clothes for this.

You just gave me an idea. I can put a plow blade on the front of my scooter and hire myself out. :angel:

OMG! I just looked at the forecast and I'm freaking out. We will probably be getting snow overnight and the temperature at 8 a.m. is expected to be 25F with a wind chill of 9! And getting colder all day! I swear, I don't have the clothes for this.

Lots of layers GG, I actually top off with a layer of Shrek's flannel . I look like a walking clothes pile.

Don't despair. Just stay indoors. Our temperature is going up from 2ºF. to 3ºF. and a wind chill of -25ºF. And it is getting worse. We are getting inches of snow by the hour. The North Shore has over a foot of snow. Perfect weather for PF. I would gladly send this snow to her. Today is the worst of the storm.

Hey, just be glad that today's fashion is not the really high mini skirts with a half jacket that only goes only to your waist. :angel:

Baby, It's Cold Outside! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

-8 headed for a high of 4!

The sun is streaming in the windows, about eight inches of light fluffy snow. I hear the snow blowers sputtering and snow shovels scraping off the stoops around our complex, shaping up to be a beautiful winter day!

I wish I could stay indoors, but there's a monthly coffee club meeting today that I want to go to. I do still have long johns from when I lived in Michigan, so that will help.

On the bright side, the temperature is supposed to be 59 on Sunday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom