What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Carol.
The way the blowing snow was following the contours of the ground and looking like crashing waves it was worthy of much more than my point and shoot. It was pretty. Then reality set in that my chin was going to fall off, lol.

I was actually thinking of buying a sled a few years ago. I used to sled back in "the day". I think I had to shovel three times that winter :LOL:
You never can tell.
Four wheelers don't do anything well, compared to a bike or sled, but they aren't seasonal either :)

Tonight we are having severely cold weather. The wind chill may perhaps be to -30F. There is no snow or ice, and the high temperature for tomorrow is 17F.

I have Joy under her car cover. Oh I wish we had a nice warm garage for her like my parents' cars and my Snot in Brasov! I called the Ford customer service because I was so very worried about her yesterday. They said she will be fine and that hybrids tolerate extreme weather conditions just as well as other cars. She is full of antifreeze and NO water, she has these very heavy and sturdy windshield wipers of all 3, her oil was changed before Thanksgiving and there is only 539.6 miles on this oil change so far, there is the de-icing fluid in the windshield wiper fluid container that is safe for her paint, and she is waxed very well.

Breeze is tucked up under the stairway as usual, so she is warm. I just hope people and animals will be in a warm place tonight, for this cold is so very bad. From what I see of the news, cold weather is mostly everywhere and in many places it is very severe.

I hope all of you and everyone else is warm and safe tonight.

With love,
~Cat

Tonight we are having severely cold weather. The wind chill may perhaps be to -30F. There is no snow or ice, and the high temperature for tomorrow is 17F.

I have Joy under her car cover. Oh I wish we had a nice warm garage for her like my parents' cars and my Snot in Brasov! I called the Ford customer service because I was so very worried about her yesterday. They said she will be fine and that hybrids tolerate extreme weather conditions just as well as other cars. She is full of antifreeze and NO water, she has these very heavy and sturdy windshield wipers of all 3, her oil was changed before Thanksgiving and there is only 539.6 miles on this oil change so far, there is the de-icing fluid in the windshield wiper fluid container that is safe for her paint, and she is waxed very well.

Breeze is tucked up under the stairway as usual, so she is warm. I just hope people and animals will be in a warm place tonight, for this cold is so very bad. From what I see of the news, cold weather is mostly everywhere and in many places it is very severe.

I hope all of you and everyone else is warm and safe tonight.

With love,
~Cat
I hope that is the pre-diluted antifreeze. Pure antifreeze freezes at a higher temperature than a proper mix with water.

freezept.gif

From Things you should know about coolant – hellafunctional

Yes, it is the pre-diluted. I meant that I added no water. Some people add this water to the pre-diluted which can make troubles for the car.

I followed all the instructions for to winterize Joy. I had her radiator flushed out and they put this fresh solution into it at the dealership and they tested her with some instrument where the beads went to the top which means she is very well "winterized" to very, very low temperatures.

Gwen said I didn't have to do this, and just to add some water and some undiluted antifreeze. I said no. Joy is under a large warranty and so the dealership winterized the radiator so I can keep a copy of the records. They checked her very thoroughly and said she was in perfect shape.

The only things I changed upon her were her wiper blades. She came with cheap ones but I wanted better ones and so I did this myself. Wiper blades are not of the warranty on her, and I like these much better.

I'm sorry I made a misstatement. This is what I meant.

Thank you for the clarification, Taxy! I hope others will see this also. This is very important!

With love,
~Cat

It's 9 degrees, and should feel like -15 around 6 a.m. The wind is howling. No way am I leaving my home for anything tomorrow.

Nice pic pac!

Windy - my mind keeps "playing" Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain". Cold, but not as cold as back home by our kids. Our son lives where it dipped below zero early Monday afternoon. They will not see a temperature above zero until Wednesday afternoon. Our daughter isn't fairing much better - her high tomorrow is predicted to be one. I say we got out of Dodge just in time! After all, we have a balmy 8 here in southcentral MA. :)

Normally I don't mind winter. This year I'm already willing to cry "uncle"! :LOL:

I don't dare to tell you, but we still have some sort of spring here...
Temperatures are to reach 14°C/57°F today, it's sunny and a bit windy.

I read in the newspaper today, that it's so warm here, because it's so cold over there at your's. Something with low pressures there and highs there and so on..
I didn't understand.. :cool:

Thanks, CG.
It's cold.
It's -5F, which we just don't see. Low teens is cold here. Once I remember 6F. The furnace hasn't shut off since last night. The dogs are walking around on three legs outside, trying to spare one from touching the ground I imagine. And even my pup didn't want to leave the house this morning. She must have been thinking about her last time out last night.
I just hope that furnace doesn't give out. It almost makes me feel like picking up another just to have it ready. I'm sure I'll need a new one before I die anyway.

1 degree F in CNY, high wind, no snow at my house!

Many things are closed today because of the wind chill.

When was wind chill invented?

When I was a kid it was just cold or very cold or cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey! No, not a real monkey! The brass plate under the cannon balls was called a monkey. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

2330b9c9-2858-4d2f-a24f-4ab131d74b88.jpg

Last edited:
Al Roker is saying the temperature at the South Pole is -6ºF and it's colder in Minneapolis and Chicago.

Is it colder than the South Pole where you are? :LOL: We have 10ºF right now.

I just looked and it dropped 3 degrees to -8 now. The good thing is we are not getting the snow they were calling for... yet. What we have is drifting and re-drifting.

Dude! You know it's cold when you say "I'm going to the south pole to warm up!"

It was in the teens yesterday here in Big D, and it's 24 now. Our heater was having a hard time keeping up yesterday.

I think I'll make some nice hearty soup today...something that will really stick to your ribs. Maybe a broccoli, cheese potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom