What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun is out and wind is now blowing hard. We had the tick tick tick of sleet hitting our windows all last night and covering all the roads. Main roads now seem to be OK except at the intersections, but here in the neighborhood it's still pretty ragged.

The sun is out and it is a beautiful and clear day. The weather is in the high 60's the there are no clouds in the air.

I live in Southern California in the San Fernando Valley.

Well no more snow at least and the sun is shining. I think we got anywhere from 12 to 15 inches from what DH measured. Some dear friends came by with their snow blower and did one side of our driveway....bless their hearts. I just ventured out to the store and the roads weren't that bad with my 4 x 4 but I'd def. avoid some of the areas if I didn't have it.

shpj4 said:
The sun is out and it is a beautiful and clear day. The weather is in the high 60's the there are no clouds in the air.

I live in Southern California in the San Fernando Valley.

Pretty much the same for me. It is supposed to be 73 and clear and sunny today. High of 83 on Friday I hear. I'm in the San Gabriel Valley.

Arctic. Allow me to paint a mental picture. Across the road is roughly 3,000 acres of farmland used for corn, soybeans, etc. In the middle of this field is a large stand of trees which you can easily get lost in. Trust me, I know. The southern tree line is about half a mile away and the entire grove of deciduous hardwoods extend about a mile north. Right now, the wind is whipping the snow 80-100 feet into the air and carrying the swirling waves of snow across the field at about 30 miles per hour. I swear to you, it wouldn't surprise me if a family of polar bears ambled across the field. Guess I won't be barbecuing outside anytime soon!

Low teens but the sun is shining. Temps are suppose to start rising and by next week be in the 40's....WHOOOOOH!!!! Only negative is all this snow we got pounded with will start to melt and we're going to ba slosh pit around here. I just wonder how high the river will get with all the melting snow.

The sleet here has turned into concrete. I just spent an hour trying to find a new colleague some salt at Home Depot, Lowes - everybody's out of it.

Ended up at least getting her a bag of sand and a bunch of good wishes in getting her car over the icy hump behind it. Poor baby is from Atlanta and has never faced this kind of weather before. Didn't know she had to shovel her own sidewalk out front. It's a sheet of icy concrete now.

She's riding in with me tomorrow.

Mother nature is having fun with us and dropping more snow on top of the massive amount she already bestowed upon us. Suppose to get 3 more today and I think we've got that now.....errrrr! And just when I was getting excited with the coming 40 degree temps we're suppose to get this coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom