What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. And now it starts. It's 22°F (really warm for us!) and starting to snow. Many towns around us have already cancelled events as well as letting schools out early. Some reports say we're expecting 6 to 8 inches or more.

No snow, just the stuff blowing around. Currently 7°F with wind chill -14°F, wind at 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.

:ohmy: Holy cow! I hear there is more snow in store for so many states and Canada. Yesterday it looked like we may get a little rain, but it skipped over CA again. :( Take care, everyone.

I'm curled up with a kitty and a quilt! It's supposed to stay frigid until the end of the week, and then start to warm up again

Apparently everything in the eastern half of MA is closed on Wednesday. Some parts could get up to a foot of snow. It's February people, get used to the idea of winter! I remember when I was a kid and would walk 2 miles to school, uphill...both ways...

The last three have missed my area, RJ, but not this time.
Oh well. I had a few weeks off of any major shoveling anyway.

-4°F with wind chill -36°F, winds at 23 mph gusting up to 50 mph...there are branches everywhere, the trees are not used to this wind.

Just yesterday when I was making "the rounds" I saw two cranes in peoples' yards removing trees. I've seen more tree guys out this winter than any other.

It's winter in New England, it's snowing, and this is news? :huh: I guess it's easy for me to say "deal with it" when I don't HAVE to go anywhere. I do remember my attitude being a bit different when I had to drive in this stuff to and from work every day. Here is the view from my sunroom door. The dark blob in the lower center-left of the picture is a huge rock - with last night's snowfall on top. Meh, 10" or so. I've seen worse.

Attachments

• 2014-02-05 16.49.02.jpg
    2014-02-05 16.49.02.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 145
School was cancelled here again, a very rare thing. Thankfully I don't have to work into June! It's 8°F here along the river.

It's winter in New England, it's snowing, and this is news? :huh: I guess it's easy for me to say "deal with it" when I don't HAVE to go anywhere. I do remember my attitude being a bit different when I had to drive in this stuff to and from work every day. Here is the view from my sunroom door. The dark blob in the lower center-left of the picture is a huge rock - with last night's snowfall on top. Meh, 10" or so. I've seen worse.

A huge rock? You live in Mass, we knew what it was :LOL:

I didn't take any afternoon pics, but I took one this morning looking out the window from work.
weather1.jpg

I said, What the heck is this fool doing out walking in this? I think he was one of the guys re-tying vines yesterday and they decided to call it quits today.
weather2.jpg

A huge rock? You live in Mass, we knew what it was :LOL:

I didn't take any afternoon pics, but I took one this morning looking out the window from work.
View attachment 20700

I said, What the heck is this fool doing out walking in this? I think he was one of the guys re-tying vines yesterday and they decided to call it quits today.
View attachment 20701
There's a guy walking in one of those pix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom