What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Visibility wasn't too great, so yes, there's a guy in there somewhere. We shall call him Waldo, lol.

Concords, CG. And thirteen years here I haven't snuck one bunch.

No snow, just freak out cold. Can't get it warmed up in the living room where I sit. The cold is just pouring off the brick walls.

Currently -11°C (12°F) and going down to -19°C (-2°F). The snow has stopped. We only got a couple of inches, but it was a bit slippery on the roads.

It's winter in New England, it's snowing, and this is news? :huh: I guess it's easy for me to say "deal with it" when I don't HAVE to go anywhere. I do remember my attitude being a bit different when I had to drive in this stuff to and from work every day. Here is the view from my sunroom door. The dark blob in the lower center-left of the picture is a huge rock - with last night's snowfall on top. Meh, 10" or so. I've seen worse.

I can imagine how hard it is to deal with it, but OMGosh, that is so beautiful. :ohmy::)

A huge rock? You live in Mass, we knew what it was :LOL:

I didn't take any afternoon pics, but I took one this morning looking out the window from work.
View attachment 20700

I said, What the heck is this fool doing out walking in this? I think he was one of the guys re-tying vines yesterday and they decided to call it quits today.
View attachment 20701

Holy cow. :ohmy: :ohmy: Very beautiful! I can imagine it must be a PITA at times but that sure is a pretty pic.

As a foreigner I always think of California as the sunshine state (lower case - I know it's really the nickname for Florida) so is the song lyric true - "Hate California, it's cold and it's damp"?

There's a song that goes "It never rains in Southern California....It Pours!"

Nice pictures Pac. I didn't see the guy until someone mentioned him.

I don't even pay attention to the weather unless I'm going out somewhere. People keep talking about how cold and snowy it is and I just keep telling them "Spring is just around the corner." I guess I'm an optimist.

I can remember how much I hated winter weather when I had to go to work. My stomach would get so upset. When I had to drive, my hands and legs would be shaking so bad. But I never got stuck, and the only time I had an accident was when I applied the brakes on black ice. Didn't even know it was there. I slid into a pole and the guy behind me slid into me. Smashed both the front and back of the car.

I can remember how much I hated winter weather when I had to go to work. My stomach would get so upset. When I had to drive, my hands and legs would be shaking so bad. But I never got stuck, and the only time I had an accident was when I applied the brakes on black ice. Didn't even know it was there. I slid into a pole and the guy behind me slid into me. Smashed both the front and back of the car.
That's why it's called black ice, 'cause you can't see it. ;)

I'm inside, so it's beautiful out! The sun is low in the sky, glistening off the still-white snow from yesterday's storm, looking like thousands of diamonds scattered through the back yard. It's also melting the snowpack on the sunroom roof (which is all glass except for the connectors where the beams are on the inside), causing it to slip and form a small awning of ice. :huh: Oops, wait, that "awning" just dropped off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom