What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you went through that PF, but I'm laughing all the same. :LOL:

Got up from the living room sometime after 5:00 PM to put my coffee cup in the sink and was greeted by a beautiful sunset; the rosy glow was even deeper "in person". Unfortunately, all the weather forecasts for tomorrow seem to contradict "Red at night, sailor's delight".

Attachments

• 2014-02-12 17.36.19.jpg
    2014-02-12 17.36.19.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 171

That was half my problem, I was so busy laughing over it...:ROFLMAO: I don't know how many trips I made with handfuls of salt to scatter on the darned ramp, but it was at least 5...

Got up from the living room sometime after 5:00 PM to put my coffee cup in the sink and was greeted by a beautiful sunset; the rosy glow was even deeper "in person". Unfortunately, all the weather forecasts for tomorrow seem to contradict "Red at night, sailor's delight".

That is beautiful!!!

Had rain on ice one night here in Missoula. I went outside (at 2 am) for a smoke break. I slid down the handicapped ramp to the parking lot. I didn't fall, but I couldn't get back up the ramp, either. From where I was, any door that I could get to that someone would open at that time of night had ramps. I found a bucket with salt by one of the doors and carried it by the handfuls (no scoop) to the ramp at my door. I finally got in after almost 45 minutes.
Aw Jeez, I hope you were dressed warm enough. Next time bring your cell phone. I bring mine when I step out my back door. I know something stupid could happen in this weather.

Aw Jeez, I hope you were dressed warm enough. Next time bring your cell phone. I bring mine when I step out my back door. I know something stupid could happen in this weather.

Warm enough, no cell phone, my CNA didn't even realize I was missing.:LOL:

Got through the evening without loosing power!

Gonna eat breakfast soon and the go outside and check out the neighborhood

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I saw that rosy glow. I almost snapped a picture of it myself.
Nice pic.

Nice pic, Phinz.
Now get rid of it.
I want to concentrate on the rosy glow instead :LOL:

Sure looks like a frozen wasteland.

Had rain on ice one night here in Missoula. I went outside (at 2 am) for a smoke break. I slid down the handicapped ramp to the parking lot. I didn't fall, but I couldn't get back up the ramp, either. From where I was, any door that I could get to that someone would open at that time of night had ramps. I found a bucket with salt by one of the doors and carried it by the handfuls (no scoop) to the ramp at my door. I finally got in after almost 45 minutes.

:ROFLMAO:

One year we inched our way to our Park and Fly hotel, having an early next morning flight to Mexico. The roads were glare ice, and dozens of cars were in the ditches on the way. Took us several hours for a trip that usually takes 40 minutes. When we got to the hotel, we tried to walk across the street to McDonald's, and it was so icy we couldn't get there! We ended up ordering Chinese takeout delivered.

We're currently at 31°F, sunny and windy here along the river.

Not so cold here, -10°C (24°F). We're expecting 5-10 cm (2-4 inches) of snow from late tonight through tomorrow, then another 6-13 cm on Monday and Tuesday. Not much compared with most places.

Didn't go to work today, they were closing at 1 anyway.

Did the half mile trek in slush to rescue Rob's car. It felt like a mile walking in slush! It was raining and building up on the trees. We've lost some big branches in the neighborhood. Saw a lot of big trees leaning on power lines out on the main road, not a good sign!

I hope all is well. The worst part of a major storm like that is power outages. Sometimes they don't get them fixed for days. I have another internet friend who lives in SC but I'm not sure what part. She is also hunkering down for the storm.

We prepared for the worst and the worst did not happen. Plenty snow and some sleet at the end last night. No rain nor any ice. Just fine snow. Drifts of fine snow. I have a door I cannot open. I am shovel ready.
Winter wonderland and all is well.

We live in the country and have not seen one car or truck pass by since yesterday morning.
Sure hope it gets plowed before tomorrow. I have boys night out tomorrow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom