What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
18F, no wind. looks like another 3 inches of snow for a total of 9 in the past three days...Yippee!!!:w00t2::w00t2:

I remembered to get my boots back out!

We had almost no snow until today. The snow started around 10 am, light & fluffy. We ended up w only 2". It melted as it hit the streets. Ended up with some acumualtion. It was 17F at 6 pm tonight. As long as it doesn't get below 0 the temp.'s do not feel so bad.

19°F, and we're expecting SB's snow later tonight. Should just be a dusting.

Last edited:
I am so very sick and tired of winter I could scream. Would do so if it wouldn't wake my husband and dog (it's 4 a.m. or so. Doggie pottied, husband dead asleep. Wish I could just hibernate, which aside from snow shoveling, he has). I have never had such a depressing winter since I left ND. I know this is abnormal, or I swear I'd sell the house I love so much and move.

17 degrees, no wind, snowing hard, about 4 inches on the ground.

Funny how beautiful this would be on Christmas morning, Winter has worn out its welcome!

I know you guys don't want to hear this, but I am so excited by the snow and more snow. The snowpack in the high country is building and hopefully we will not have a fire season this year. As much fun as it is hanging out in fire camps, I would much rather give them a pass.

It's 17F now, no wind. And a lovely coating of snow all over!

I am so very sick and tired of winter I could scream. Would do so if it wouldn't wake my husband and dog (it's 4 a.m. or so. Doggie pottied, husband dead asleep. Wish I could just hibernate, which aside from snow shoveling, he has). I have never had such a depressing winter since I left ND. I know this is abnormal, or I swear I'd sell the house I love so much and move.

17 degrees, no wind, snowing hard, about 4 inches on the ground.

Funny how beautiful this would be on Christmas morning, Winter has worn out its welcome!
I agree ladies. I like your expression Aunt Bea, "Winter has worn out its welcome".

-13°C (9°F) here. We aren't expecting to get up to a high of 0°C (32°F until Saturday of next week.

I know you guys don't want to hear this, but I am so excited by the snow and more snow. The snowpack in the high country is building and hopefully we will not have a fire season this year. As much fun as it is hanging out in fire camps, I would much rather give them a pass.

I don't mind hearing this. I understand. And, you are waaayyyy over there.

I don't understand the fascination of snow and wanting more unless you are into winter sports. Or maybe need the winter snow for the summer's water.

Which is it, Fi? Why do you like snow so much?

I don't understand the fascination of snow and wanting more unless you are into winter sports. Or maybe need the winter snow for the summer's water.

Which is it, Fi? Why do you like snow so much?

The summer water AND the cold. I am not a hot weather lover. I love walking while the snow is coming down (if there is no wind), especially at night, makes you feel like the only person on earth and you can hear the squeak of the snow under your boots. Not much on winter sports, though.

Interesting.
There is a kind of stillness in the winter. And of course sounds are amplified.
But it's just so darn cold...

I'm just glad I have a gas well. My electric bill is high enough this winter from the furnaces running all the time.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I'm just glad I have a gas well. My electric bill is high enough this winter from the furnaces running all the time.
You have a gas well? What, like your own source of natural gas?

No rain, but no more snow either. It is actually very beautiful, with the sun shining on the snow. I still can't go out unassisted, but at least the actual snowfall has stopped.

I hope you know that as much as you would like more snow, most of us would be more than willing to pack some of ours up and send it to you! Count me in with the people who want to give winter the boot...so we can wear sandals. :LOL: My toes are getting really tired of hiding.

.....I love walking while the snow is coming down (if there is no wind), especially at night, makes you feel like the only person on earth and you can hear the squeak of the snow under your boots...

Interesting.
Himself does all the major snow removal, but if we get a nice, light snow late at night I've been known to boot up and shovel the driveway around midnight. No barking dogs, no snowblowers, no cars racing up and down the street. *sigh* I'll stop every once in a while just to listen to...nothing. :)

Here it's cold outside - about 20. Not going to be much warmer for the rest of the week, then on Monday they figure we'll get more snow. Oh goody. :mad: It's a balmy 65 in the house. Just spent almost $400 for 100 gallons of heating oil, hoping it gets us to spring when the prices start to drop. How much I get then depends on whether it looks like we'll be putting the house up for sale or whether I'll need to keep us warm another winter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom