What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Houston-raised Tennessean who is sick and tired of temperatures below 55*, I have a hard time understanding how anybody would *choose* to live in these temperatures. I've been here 26 years now (with 1.5 years in Florida back in the early 2000s) and I can't wait to leave. I lobby constantly with my wife to head south. Blech.

I would imagine the people who live in the warm climates are glad we are not all clambering to move there. How crowded would it be???? Many who are born and grow up in the colder climates are like me.....I love having the 4 distinct seasons. I love seeing the snow. I have a good furnace in my house, so it's only cold when I'm outside. I am happy when it's over and spring comes, with all the spring rains and everything starting to bloom. Then I'm happy when that's over and look forward to summer, when I have to have the air conditioner cranking so I am not roasting to death. When I've had enough of that, along comes autumn. Cooler weather, colorful leaves. It means the Steelers get another chance.

When it's cold outside, I can always bundle up to be warm. But when it's hot, you're only allowed to take off so much! Fortunately, we are all different and like different things.

As a Houston-raised Tennessean who is sick and tired of temperatures below 55*, I have a hard time understanding how anybody would *choose* to live in these temperatures. I've been here 26 years now (with 1.5 years in Florida back in the early 2000s) and I can't wait to leave. I lobby constantly with my wife to head south. Blech.
Just curious, where are your "frozen wastelands"?

I may be bitchin' but give me four seasons any day. Like Carol said, I can crank up the heat and bundle up for warmth. Folks like Kayelle can never look out their window and see beautiful snowflakes gently falling to the earth. She can't hear the crunch of snow under her feet. She can't see her breath coming from her mouth.

Grant you Kayelle has her own seasons. There is the fire season, flood season, mud slide season, etc. You get the idea. But she never has a snow storm as a reason to stay home and lounge about. Poor Kayelle. She is so deprived. Oh yeah, she is the one that is taking that fantastic trip, isn't she. Hmmm..... :angel:

I'm like you, too, Carol.
No matter what season it is, I want it to be over :LOL:

That's what's nice about PA. One season is always ending and another one starting!

They are predicting a possibility of over a foot of snow for Sunday night into Monday. I believe that prediction was sponsored by Giant Eagle! LOL

Folks like Kayelle can never look out their window and see beautiful snowflakes gently falling to the earth. She can't hear the crunch of snow under her feet. She can't see her breath coming from her mouth.

Well, I can tell you that I HATE snowflakes or the crunch of snow under my feet or that brown slushy stuff that appears when that 'beautiful' (NOT) snow is mixed in with dirt, engine exhaust etc or the sleet that often comes before or after snow or red noses (save those for the Rudophs) or that drippy stuff that comes out of red noses or shoveling that white cr** or large limbs or entire trees that fall onto my driveway or house or in the street taking out electrical lines and possibly electrocuting small animals or large people AND putting my warm house into total darkness---- or a frigid house that I can't combat with all the clothes I own and gives me chilblains or grey/white c*** that's tracked into the house no matter how many times a person stomps their feet or not having a car start when it should or the kids being home because it's a 'snow day' or--- or----- or------ well you get my point! :LOL::LOL:

Grant you Kayelle has her own seasons. There is the fire season, flood season, mud slide season, etc. You get the idea. But she never has a snow storm as a reason to stay home and lounge about. Poor Kayelle. She is so deprived. Oh yeah, she is the one that is taking that fantastic trip, isn't she. Hmmm..... :angel:

Hmmm. Well, I guess all the weather reports about the East or South or Northern U.S. have been made up. Ya think? :ROFLMAO:

The Kayelles of the world can lounge about by their pool or on the beach and not be confined to huddling in their homes for lounging.

Poor us. LOL (I just love Fisking-----look it up.

I think they said the high today will be in single digits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Yes we are and we've cut down on usage quite a bit. And yes, we are allowed to Q with any type of fuel....there's no ban on that...yet. :)

Thank gawd! :chef:
I remember one bad year here they did not want people grilling outdoors. Maybe they expected more sparks in those days or lumped the home grillers in with the camping grillers.

Same argument Himself and I have. He would have loved to retire to FL. Told me so when we were engaged. I took the ring off and told him he had to pick between FL and me because there was no way I would move to a part of the country where it was summer for 8 or 9 months of the year, with the other months being hot like hades. I too like the changing seasons, but this winter has been a rough one - more like the ones I enjoyed when I was young. This year I'm done.

We're in MA because his job was moved up here and we kinda needed the income. ;) We're still here because Mr. Un-dhandyman hasn't motivated himself to fix what needs fixing so we can move...back to OH with the same kind of weather but with both of our kids still there. Family. That's why I'll stay up north.

We aren't expecting to get up to a high of 0°C (32°F until Saturday of next week.

I was supposed to bring in firewood today but decided to wait til Sat. Although not terribly cold - the wind is nasty and my wood is exposed to it ergo me exposed too while I'm loading it onto the tractor. Brrrr... think I will survive with what is inside til Sat...... I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom