What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was that boy NOT wearing his Yaxtrax? *said with arms crossed while tapping foot* He needs to be grounded until you have bare ground.

Glad he's OK though. Did he learn his lesson? :huh: Men...they can't be taught. :LOL:

He had the Yaktrax on, but they don't work when you trip on the sidewalk. He was walking through 3 foot drifts.

We'll see what happens tomorrow when he wants to check the mail. He can't leave it out there, even though it's in a locked box.:rolleyes:

HIGH OF 22F. Snow flurries started early this afternoon, it didn't amount to much. It's predicted we will get more snow by morning. The temp's have been continuing to drop.

Oh my goodness. I hope that kid is okay and that there isn't anyone else in the rubble.

You guys have a mountain called Mount Jumbo? :LOL:

They are looking for an elderly couple whose house was also destroyed.

The kid is in the hospital.

"Feb 28, 2014 5:37:PM
UPDATED
MISSOULA - Authorities say that a child and an elderly man haves been recovered from the scene of where an avalanche hit a home in the Rattlesnake on Friday afternoon, but the search continues for a missing elderly woman.
Missoula County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Paige Pavalone says the young boy and the man were taken to St. Patrick Hospital, but there's no word at their conditions.
Pavalone says the avalanche that struck a home in the 900 block of Holly Street ripped off the top floor of the two-story home and then filled the bottom floor with snow and debris. The man was recovered from the bottom floor, but the woman has not yet been found.
The Flathead County Search and Rescue team, along with a chaplain were called to the scene, which is near Mount Jumbo, which is where the avalanche happened at around 4:15 p.m."

We had an avalanche in town...about an hour ago, they are still getting people out of the path, it engulfed a two story house.
Avalanch??? I thought you were in a less mountainous area of Montana. I was through the Glacier area back in the earlier 80's and thought I wouldn't live there. Beautiful area but winter storms.....oh man.
I hope everyone in your town is ok. When I hear of avalanche warnings I think of friends we have in the Revelstoke area of BC. Scary stuff.

Avalanch??? I thought you were in a less mountainous area of Montana. I was through the Glacier area back in the earlier 80's and thought I wouldn't live there. Beautiful area but winter storms.....oh man.
I hope everyone in your town is ok. When I hear of avalanche warnings I think of friends we have in the Revelstoke area of BC. Scary stuff.

Nope, I live IN the mountains, actually a large valley with mountains all around. The community affected is right up against the one of the mountains, I am a mile away from another peak on the valley floor. This whole area is what what once known as Glacial Lake Missoula.

I'm enjoying the snow, but not the wind and the danger this amount of snow presents.

We had an avalanche in town...about an hour ago, they are still getting people out of the path, it engulfed a two story house.
Wow, I hope all those that were trapped end up OK. I figure if you live in the city you're pretty immune to these kinds of things happening but I guess not! And only two miles from your place? :ermm: As the crow flies, or driving? Either way, too close for comfort for me! Guess it's time the snow should stop by you for the time being.

We'll see below zero tonight. Blech! But even though anything beyond 36 hours is pure rumor and conjecture, they say it might be 40-45 next week Saturday. Could this be the light at the end of the tunnel? Fingers crossed!

16F, with windchill -6 and 21 mph winds with gusts to 50 mph. I got sent home as non-essential personnel. Surprised me, they could always keep me around to fill in if someone can;t get to work. As it is, where I had to park the car, I may not be able to get out. The snowdrifts are close to 5'.

I can recall when you were complaining that you didn't get any snow. Wasn't that long ago! LOL

Wow, I hope all those that were trapped end up OK. I figure if you live in the city you're pretty immune to these kinds of things happening but I guess not! And only two miles from your place? :ermm: As the crow flies, or driving? Either way, too close for comfort for me! Guess it's time the snow should stop by you for the time being.

It's early for me, and I thought you said "I hope al those were trapped end up." Which end up? LOL

They have changed our forcast for the Sun/Mon. They said the storm is going further south. I'm not sure how far south they're talking about. Now they're saying 4-6 inches. I am SE of Pittsburgh. I was hoping for a foot. We haven't had a big snow for several years. But then I don't have to go anywhere, or clean the driveway for that matter.

I can recall when you were complaining that you didn't get any snow. Wasn't that long ago! LOL

Not complaining about the snow...the wind is another matter. I will always complain about the wind. The wind conditions are what caused the closures and being sent workers home.

The avalanche within city limits, was a bit of a surprise, too. Haven't caught up with that, yet.

It's 1F with a windchill of -25F, wind at 16 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. I'm inside for the day and so is Shrek.

I'm glad I didn't get to read the story about the avalanche until AFTER all had been saved!
That's frightening----- in town! And just 2 miles from you!

Missoula is under avalanche watch. The University's student housing and dorms are right up against Mt Sentinel, and the rest of the Rattlesnake neighborhood is up against Mt Jumbo.

Sentinel's ancient waterlines are completely obscured, that meas there's lots of snow up there. What with the snow, sleet and rain mixes we've been having, avalanches are bound to happen.

Ah! The snow removal had begun...poor kids! I'll be making some hot chocolate for them.

Just noticed we have a snow drift on the inside of the front window. The wind forced it around the edges of the storm windows. Time for the landlord to take a look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom