What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sunny fresh and full of spring, the air has a hint of the languidness to come in summer. :) I am not a summer person but the promise of it in the air makes me smile.

It's snowing pretty good here. That's good news for our upcoming cardboard sled race on the 10th. But it means the plow will get me out shoveling again after it buries my driveway for the umpteenth time this winter. As I prefer to use a snow shovel and spade shovel to clear my driveway (great exercise), It can take me anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending on how frozen the snow gets before I can get to it. It looks like it will be relatively easy today as I will be able to start shoveling as soon as the plow goes by.:cool:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Our school's are closed again today, second day in a row, because of snow and wind. I hear that intersate 80 is closed on the western side of Iowa, for the same reason.

Goodweed of the North said:
It's snowing pretty good here. That's good news for our upcoming cardboard sled race on the 10th. :cool:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Very sunny and quite windy here today. A big contrast to yesterday. About 50 F, too.

G'weed, you have to get pictures of your cardboard sled race. Sounds like a blast.

70's today...Spring is springing...Trees are budding...daffadills blooming.
My Bradford pears are budding and my Japanese Magnolias are almost in full bloom. Birds seem to be "frisky". Grass is beginning to grow.YUK! My Azaleas are budding as well...does not look like a good crop of blooms however.
Forcast is for a bit of a cooling over the next few days....

I saw a guy wearing shorts this morning :eek:, it was -22C (-8F) this morning but it is already up to -7C (19f) and should be +7C (45f) tomorrow
:cool:

Last edited:
Today in sunny Queensland it's not so sunny, strong winds and showers and hot. We're in a Cyclone watch where I am with a low pressure system expected to form into a Cyclone some 620 k north east [out at sea] of us. It's a worry that it hasn't moved over the past week because when it forms it could move quickly in any direction.

snowing hard - windy - 17 degrees. come on, Spring!
5.gif

Wednesday it was 71 and I tilled the flowerbed! Spring fever HAD set in (operative word "had"). Thursday morning, I woke up, LUCKILY, because the electricity was off- because we had gotten 3 inches of snow. Which, as of today, has melted in the 50 degree weather. It's a meteorological roller coaster and I am getting a little bit fiestier than usual... :mad:

Have you all checked out the national weather map? The jet stream has dipped WAY down low. :ermm:

Just to give you hope...my yellow crocus are blooming all over the yard, as well as the blue anenomes in the rock garden, and even a few early daffodils.

Haven't seen the bluebirds or robins yet...when I do, I'll let you know.

I promise, spring will come.

mudbug said:
does that mean no fishing for you, attie?
Where there is a will, there's a way Mudbug ;) The river is not far from my place and the Barramundi are on the bite. If there's one good thing about here it's that no matter what the weather one can allways go fishing.

The wind today in Chicagoland has just been incredible. They've been at 30-40 mph and I can't imagine what the gusts are. The temp right now is in the upper 20s, but with the wind, it's quite raw. We've also had blowing snow all day, but not much accumulation, since hardly any of it touches the ground.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom