What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we start calling you Taxdragon now, Taxy? ;)
It's supposed to snow here tonight and the next couple days. I'm hoping for another miss.

78?! Where do get off, GG? lol :LOL:
78... sheesh. I wouldn't know what to do if it got into the fifties. :(

GotGarlic,
I used to drive cars back and forth for the Snowbirds. My favourite times were in the spring, driving up the 95, popping along the 66 over to 81, watching the different flowers appearing with each trip. The forsythia, crocus, daffodils. Each week the next flowers would come out, but still repeating themselves as I drove north. Marvelous.

Shall we start calling you Taxdragon now, Taxy? ;)
For whatever reason, when I originally signed up for YouTube, it wouldn't let me register as taxlady. TaxDragon (DragonTaxes in French) is my company name, so I used that. Then Google bought YouTube and I have two accounts with YouTube. But, TaxDragon is the one where I had already started storing lots of favourites.

Now you know why dragnlaw and I got along so well at our first meeting. We're both part dragon. ;)

GotGarlic,
I used to drive cars back and forth for the Snowbirds. My favourite times were in the spring, driving up the 95, popping along the 66 over to 81, watching the different flowers appearing with each trip. The forsythia, crocus, daffodils. Each week the next flowers would come out, but still repeating themselves as I drove north. Marvelous.

That sounds wonderful! I love spring flowers, too :flowers:

It was wonderful, I enjoyed every trip. Long distance driving was my thing.:angel:

Only bad part was by the time I got to PA and NY there would be snow hanging around in the corners.... :ohmy: yech, and most often still slushy gunk at home.:(

taxy, were the birds chirping in the beginning of the video? I thought I heard one saying "what the heck, what the heck". :LOL: It was pretty though. BTW, is Stirling feeling any better today? I hope so.

Addie, if you went out today you would have been blown away. If you have to go out when it's windy don't forget to put rocks in your pockets. ;)

GG, the daffs are so pretty! You're way on your way to 160,000 daffs like this Ohio family: Celebrate Spring with a Daffodil Party | Midwest Living

Last edited:
Taxy, beautiful video! The snow is so pristine, I love it when it's so fluffy and white. So pretty!

GG...oh my goodness, your daffodils are some of the prettiest I've ever seen. :wub:

It's been around 80 here the past few days, but according to the weather reports it will be dropping down to the mid to high 60's towards the end of the week. :ermm: I'll take it though, come summer I'll be wishing for this low again. :)

My daughter took these pics of my backyard flowers today while we were grilling dinner. Welcome, spring! :flowers:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 177
Cheryl, the roses are beautiful!!!

I need to get Mom to take pics of her peonies and hibiscus. I also need a pic of the Lilac grove.

I'm trying to decide what I am putting in my outside pots this year that will bake and die in the hot sun.

taxy, were the birds chirping in the beginning of the video? I thought I heard one saying "what the heck, what the heck". :LOL: It was pretty though. BTW, is Stirling feeling any better today? I hope so.

Addie, if you went out today you would have been blown away. If you have to go out when it's windy don't forget to put rocks in your pockets. ;)

GG, the daffs are so pretty! You're way on your way to 160,000 daffs like this Ohio family: Celebrate Spring with a Daffodil Party | Midwest Living

Oh my goodness, 160,000 blooms! That must be gorgeous!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, the snow looks clean again with a little new snow on top, but it doesn't really get that dirty out back, away from the street.

GG, Stirling was feeling a bit better yesterday 'cause he has learned what movements hurt. I don't know how he's doing today. He's getting any sleep he can any time he can get it.

Cheryl, gorgeous flowers. What are the little purple ones?

PF, could you put a white umbrella/parasol over the plants? That way they would get most of the sunlight. I don't think they would heat up as much without direct sun rays hitting them.

PF, could you put a white umbrella/parasol over the plants? That way they would get most of the sunlight. I don't think they would heat up as much without direct sun rays hitting them.

If I had a private patio, I would try something like that but since I don't, I think I will just wish. I'm actually surprised the pots I bought are still out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom