What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Addie, could it be so that you can tell us how lucky you are to live at the coast in July and August, enjoying that cooling breeze off the ocean, while we're all in the 90s and dying out here inland? :cool:

Meanwhile, inland... Yesterday's forecast promised sunny and "near 60" today. So far all we've had is cloudy and "we lied". :LOL: We've managed to work our way into the middle-upper 40s though. Woop. Eee.

Addie, could it be so that you can tell us how lucky you are to live at the coast in July and August, enjoying that cooling breeze off the ocean, while we're all in the 90s and dying out here inland? :cool:

Meanwhile, inland... Yesterday's forecast promised sunny and "near 60" today. So far all we've had is cloudy and "we lied". :LOL: We've managed to work our way into the middle-upper 40s though. Woop. Eee.

Your turn will come when a Nor'easter comes ashore and I swear I can see my double pane windows bending inward. :angel:

It started snowing about 4 00 today. We are supposed to get 10". It's still snowing at 9 pm

It started snowing about 4 00 today. We are supposed to get 10". It's still snowing at 9 pm

Gah! Please don't send it our way SB!

We got up to mid 40's, but with the rain it felt colder. Beagle didn't get her full walk today.

image-363124097.jpg

Your turn will come when a Nor'easter comes ashore and I swear I can see my double pane windows bending inward. :angel:
Don't worry, we get plenty of snow and wind out here with the coastal nor'easters. At least we've never had winds of 100 MPH here like we got back in OH during the Blizzard of '78. We do get quite a few bouts of freezing rain out our way every winter, enough to coat the north and east windows for a day or so. And a luge run instead of a driveway! :LOL:

It's icky. Cloudy, REALLY windy and 38°F, though it feels much colder. (Weather report says it feels like 28° with wind chill.) Blech.

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for you guys, I know how you feel.. we had it last spring, cold, grey, snowy or rainy.. in the first three months of 2013 there were just 3 days where the sun showed up for a few hours..

Fortunately that was last year; this one is much better. It felt a bit like summer the last three days with a high of 24°C/75°F. Today the needed rain arrived and it's a bit colder, but okay, it's the beginning of April and we need rain..

Overcast and in the 40s again here. More importantly, it's still raining in Cleveland. And the Indians have their home opener today. :ermm: Sure hope those clouds move along quickly - they figure the game should start within an hour of the scheduled 3:05 start time. Play ball!

It's too hot to keep sitting on the porch with a glass of wine. I'm going to get in the shade in the back yard and plant some veggie seeds.

Attachments

• 1396648824511.jpg
    1396648824511.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 1396648869214.jpg
    1396648869214.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 145
Still 4°C, but it has started raining. We're expecting 13-21 mm (~1/2 - 7/8 inch) between now and Saturday night. That should help melt some of all that snow.

GG, those are some nice looking little seedlings. Glad your weather is finally nice enough to sit outside and enjoy the warmth. :)

Cool here, down below 60 now. Supposed to get up in the high 80's, low 90's next week, and before long will be in the triple digits. Going to soak up the cool weather while I can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom