What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot enough for me to complain.

Does this cool you down? When it becomes too hot this summer all I will have to think about is the horrible winter we had this year. And I will say Thank You for all the nice warm days without any wind or icy snow. In all my years I don't remember a winter like this past one. :angel:

Attachments

• Teddy Beard.jpg
    Teddy Beard.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 140
A lovely warm spring day. Lots of butterflies out in the garden and a rather confused sparrow was making advances to a wren! A very fat wood pigeon was partaking of my bird feed and when I went outside it had a bit of a struggle to get off the ground to fly away

I took advantage of the day and cut the hedges and did a bit of tidying up outside. Had to go and change my sweater for a tee shirt.

It's been a very odd winter. I can count the number of frosts on one hand and the only snow I saw was away on the tops of the hills (we're in the foot hills of the Pennines up here) and it only stayed there for a few hours. I've been made away with drowsy flies coming into the house all winter, I accidentally killed a bumble bee in January and daffodils were in flower in the garden in early February. In the normal run of things we don't get the extreme winters like you do but they are usually colder than the last one.

It's been chilly and rainy, each rain we get is being snow up in the mountains. Very nice and the river is high. I wish our extra water went through California, but it doesn't.

Off an on rain here and chilly. Shreddy still wanted to go for an evening explore of the garden. It wasn't raining when he went out, but it was wet.

Weather

My weather in Panamá is 85 degrees, medium breeze from the North. This is finally the start of rainy season which will turn this country into a lush, green tropical paradise.

We have a lot of trees in our back yard so I don't like to see the wind coming. We've had 2 trees come down since we've lived here. One went between our house and the neighbor's and the other one landed in the yard and just barely hit the deck. We've been lucky so far.

Last edited:
I used to live in the tornado belt but thankfully was never actually in one.

Here is why there are so many tornadoes in the U.S.

" A one-of-a-kind combination of weather factors make the United States the twister capital of the world, with the ominous funnels 10 times more common in the states than anywhere else on the planet, scientists say.

The four main ingredients all are geographical, all unique to America's borders: a massive mountain wall to the west, a warm ocean to the southeast, a cold-air “shield” to the north – and above these particular latitudes, a narrow river of wind, the jet stream, that surges eastward at hundreds of miles per hour.

“I call the area from the Rockies to the Appalachians and from the Gulf Coast to the Canadian border the ‘tornado super bowl’ of the world,” said Ernest Agee, a professor at Purdue University, affiliated with the school’s Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences Department.

“Other places have tornadoes, that’s for sure, but not as many,” Agee said."

Four Things That Turn America into the 'Tornado Super Bowl' - NBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom