What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are hermaphrodites, but they do mate with other earthworms. If they didn't, I think the unfortunate, negative recessives would build up too quickly.

Yeah, I was told that one too. I'm pretty sure that one was invented so adults didn't need to explain about mating to kids. :rolleyes:

:angel:

Fascinating. They all look alike to me, who knew we have boy worms and girl worms?

Yes, they are hermaphrodites, but they do mate with other earthworms. If they didn't, I think the unfortunate, negative recessives would build up too quickly.

Yeah, I was told that one too. I'm pretty sure that one was invented so adults didn't need to explain about mating to kids. :rolleyes:

:angel:

Earthworm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well here is the lowdown on them. The kiddies of the world are safe. I don't see how anyone can explain their mating habits to anyone.

I used to have a large bin that I used for compost. I tossed all the leaves that fell off the trees into the yard into it. Then I took some black and white newspapers, wet them down and piled some more leaves on them. Come next spring time, I had so many worms that I became very popular with fishermen once the word got out. They were big and fat.

My friend Gail was serious about composting. She had bins and piles and all sorts of good-for-the-garden stuff to help her compost. When they moved to IL and I went out to visit she asked me if I wanted to see their "wiggly room" in the basement. :huh: Game, I followed her down the steps. Ah, she didn't say "wiggly room", she had said "Wrigley Room"! :LOL: They had finished off the room her hubby used as an office to look like a mini Wrigley park, complete with an "ivy" wall (trompe l'oeil painted) and a tan line of carpet in the green carpeting that simulated a foul line, complete with "355" on the "wall" for the 355 foot foul line. Needless to say, they were huge Cubs fans! :LOL: When they moved the buyers just so happened to be...Cardinals fans. :ohmy: Bye-bye Wrigley Room.

Not as much as in Somewhere, Florida. Don't know the city/region since to the reporters up here it's not important :glare::glare:, but they had about 14" of rain in a 24-hour period. Flooded rivers and people getting rescued. Hope you guys stay safe and the rain doesn't last long.

We've had enough rain that Himself could cut only the front and sides of our lawn. The back is so damp the wheels from the mower kept sinking. :ohmy: Today's rain isn't helping!

It was Pensacola. Pretty bad down there.

The storms that were predicted for our area never materialized, but more are expected today. Right now, it's 68F and an uncomfortable 91% humidity.

This morning on the news they said if the rain in Pensacola had been snow they would have had over 200 inches.
I looked it up, they got around 2 feet of rain. :ohmy: That's over half a year's worth of average precipitation in Montreal! It's rainy enough here that most of summer I look outside and the word that comes to mind is "verdant".

It's still raining and Shreddy went outside for about a minute before deciding it wasn't worth it in the rain.

It's 48 here (the new 58). The wind is blowing, but not liek it was and it's very cloudy. I should probably see if it is going to clear up or if more rain is coming.

Fascinating. They all look alike to me, who knew we have boy worms and girl worms?

A cartoon showed an earthworm asking another earthworm "Will you marry me?" That earthworm said "Don't be silly! I'm your other half."

What light through yonder window breaks? OK, so it isn't "the East" since it's afternoon, and it isn't Juliet because my neighbor up the street is still at work (yes, I have a real-life friend named Juliet - alas, her husband's name is Fred). BUT we have sun!

Looks like we might have rounded the corner weather-wise. Or at least we're peeking around it. Except for random showers on Sunday, the weather people are predicting sun for most of the next week, and temps in the middle 60s. :w00t2: Sure hope they're right, or at least close.

The sun appeared once here, for about 5 minutes. Otherwise it's been blustery and overcast, low 50's.

This weather is very strange. Yesterday it got up to 88°F, cloudy and grumbly, today it's 52° and cold!

We got into the 80s yesterday. Too hot for me. Today it's the mid-60s and, finally, getting cloudy. Cloudy is good when I have to wash window glass. It gets all streaky when the sun shines on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom