What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost on the grass & card this morning. Another frost warning for tomorrow morning. It's 45F now at 10 pm. Under 30 something for the overnight...chilly morning....

So you're not into energy conservation ;) Okay.

Actually I am. But my windows are very hard (almost impossible) to open. So when I so get a window open, I try not to close it until winter has really set in. Spike was supposed to bring some Teflon spray for the window tracks. But he forgot. He is pretty good about fixing things for me, so I make it a point to not nag him. He will remember just about the time I think he has forgotten all about it.

This building was rehabbed about fifteen years ago. Maintenance has NEVER done any work on any of the windows unless a screen falls off or someone breaks the glass. It is really hard to break the glass in these windows. We call them airport windows. Airport management installed soundproof windows in this building when they were rehabbing it. They are double paned with very thick glass. Once Spike has put the Teflon spray on the tracks, I will be able to open and close them very easily. Some of the tenants can't open their windows at all. And the tenants that have apartments on the south end of the building get full sun all day long. Sometimes the temp in their apartments goes over the 100 mark. The end of this month the AC will be turned on. :angel:

Actually I am. But my windows are very hard (almost impossible) to open. So when I so get a window open, I try not to close it until winter has really set in. Spike was supposed to bring some Teflon spray for the window tracks. But he forgot. He is pretty good about fixing things for me, so I make it a point to not nag him. He will remember just about the time I think he has forgotten all about it.
Well, as my parents used to say, "Do you want to heat the whole outdoors?!?" :ROFLMAO:

43 degrees, but the sun is not up, when it gets here we will have a temperature inversion, it will get a wee bit chillier.

HOT! Too hot for this time of year. Yesterday was 92 and today in the mid-80's. The plants are loving it. Had my first rose bloom yesterday. Smells delicious!

Oh fer Pete's sake. It's 47°F! And it's May! (”It's May! It's May! The lovely month of May!")

Not. :grumble:

HOT HOT HOT. Too dang hot to barbeque. At least the wind has died down some.

Yesterday I went down to the beach to "cool off" and it was 97degrees there, so I came home to my AC. I've never seen it 97degrees right at the beach in all my life.

Last edited:
Lightning out on the Atlantic. Surf is up and the sea is angry. We've had gale force winds all day, and it's rained the vast majority of the time, but I like it when it's like this. Reminds you that Mother Nature is not somebody to be trifled with, no matter how pretty it was the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom