What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Himself has the sun room all opened up and I'm considering changing from shorts to long pants. Perfect day for gardening...wasted again my some old body part of mine aching too much to bend over and weed. :( Maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow...it's only a day away.

We have had rain off & on for 2 weeks. Enough already! Standing water in ditches & fields throughout eastern South Dakota. Rivers are high & rushing. Roads closed due to flooding & soil erosion. South & west of us has been hit hard with tornados. 1 specific town, flattened. Another, completely flooded. We are pretty fortunate here with just the rain. Then the 80+ temperatures along with the humidity.
On a lighter note, it didn't rain today! : ) It's 79F now.

Sorry for the rotten weather you've been having, simonbaker.

We have a beautiful day here in southeastern Virginia. 76F, mostly sunny and a light breeze. I'm sitting on the porch with a glass of wine and my kitty. Lovely.

Haven't seen rain like this since we drove through the mountains in TN. At least 8 inches since it started at 4:30, according to our neighbor's rain gauge. And it's still coming down in buckets, another big wave coming in with lots of thunder and lightening.

Last edited:
Goodness Dawg, hope you guys don't get flooded out or drown!

Like taxy, it's been hot and humid here in OH. We will certainly leave extra $$ for our daughter to cover her extra in her electric bill.

Wow, Dawg...that sure is a lot of rain! :ohmy:

It's been so blasted hot here. :( Today was 109F, tomorrow's forecast is 112F. Not a drop of rain in sight. Tends to make a person grumpy.

We had storms earlier, but probably more tonight. I love falling asleep to the sound of rain and thunder.

64 glorious degrees. Unfortunately the sun is not over the mountain, yet. We are supposed to have temps in the 80-90F range.

We did get our storm last night with another one expected tonight. So sad, our neighbors tree, about 5 years old was laying on the ground this morning.

In true western Kentucky weather, we began the day with choking humidity and high temps. It was about 80F when I looked at the thermometer at 7 a.m. Gonna warm up when the sun makes its appearance. By noon it was near 100F. Storm clouds began to form and, at about 7 p.m., we had a whizzer of a storm. Lots of high winds and torrential-like rain. Blew baskets off the porch eaves and toppled container plants.

After it was all said and done, we'd had some sort of serious storm. Lots of trees down in the region and damage. This is only the beginning of July. We don't usually see these types of weather events until August.

Me thinks Mother Nature is having a hissy fit!!

Glad we're not farmers. But...all of you out there should thank our farmers. They're having a devil of a time trying to feed us. I see it all around us because we live in the heartland of our country and it's not pretty right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom