What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could, SB! It's too dark to see how much is in the bird baths, but I won't need to water anything tomorrow. I was wondering if I needed to take Beagle to the basement. DH was on his own in town at a local watering hole.

Take care! Hope you do not end up with any severe weather!.:ohmy:

I feel bad for everyone on their motorcycles on there way to Sturgis bike rally.:mellow:

Ugh, smoky air from the CA fires, and it's been unseasonably cool the past couple of days. Woke up to rain yesterday morning :clap:and it continued to drizzle throughout the day. It was awesome! Got so much yard work done while it was cool.

Cheryl, you and yours aren't in the areas with the flooding and slides, are you? Hope not.

PF, you have a double whammy with heat and smoke. I guess you'll be hiding inside to read a lot?

Warm and sticky weather moved in overnight. We put the A/C on to dry the house out, but now we pushed it down to 75 to chill it before bed. Another day or so of A/C before we throw the windows up again.

Ugh, smoky air from the CA fires, and it's been unseasonably cool the past couple of days. Woke up to rain yesterday morning :clap:and it continued to drizzle throughout the day. It was awesome! Got so much yard work done while it was cool.

We have been watching the flooding and mud slides on TV and was hoping that you finally got some rain.:clap::clap: Now for Texas. I am glad that you are not in the mud slide zones. Do take care. :angel:

No fires for me this year! I'm like 8th on the list for call and that would be office work. They won't use me on the "front lines" until I am a year past my surgery.

I do remember the last time you were in the line of volunteering. Cooking your heart out and feeding the troops. Lets hope this is a year of rest for you. :angel:

Cheryl, you and yours aren't in the areas with the flooding and slides, are you? Hope not.

Hi CG, no we're not. It's in a neighboring county, though. This happens every year, it seems. :( The ground is so dry that when it does rain, it doesn't have a chance to sink in, so it's like water running off concrete until it picks up speed and soaks up everything in it's path.

Thank you too, Addie, for thinking of me. :) I don't know how to multi quote in one post. :)

Last edited:
Hi CG, no we're not. It's in a neighboring county, though. This happens every year, it seems. :( The ground is so dry that when it does rain, it doesn't have a chance to sink in, so it's like water running off concrete until it picks up speed and soaks up everything in it's path.

Thank you too, Addie, for thinking of me. :) I don't know how to multi quote in one post. :)

Neither do I. But I am glad to hear you are safe. And most happy that you have gotten some rain. :angel:

Glad to read that you aren't dealing with mudslides etc.

To multi quote, you click the "MULTI +" button, next to the quote button, for the first thing you want to quote. You can see it change to "MULTI -". Then do the same thing for any other posts you want to quote, except the last one. For the last one, you just click "QUOTE".

It was nice, cool and cloudy today. It looked like it might rain all day, but it didn't.

Glad to read that you aren't dealing with mudslides etc.

To multi quote, you click the "MULTI +" button, next to the quote button, for the first thing you want to quote. You can see it change to "MULTI -". Then do the same thing for any other posts you want to quote, except the last one. For the last one, you just click "QUOTE".

Thank you, taxy! :) :flowers:

Last night's weather forecast said that we would probably be getting a bit of wind and rain from the tail end of your Hurricane Bertha today. Obviously nothing like those of you in the teeth of it and certainly not hurricane-like.

It was a bit cloudy and breezy this morning but then cleared up into sunshine. This afternoon I became aware of thunder and then rain. I looked up and it was coming down at such a rate that it was pouring off the pitched roof, completely missing the gutters and coming down outside the windows in a sheet of water. I couldn't see out. It was like being on the inside of a waterfall. It only lasted about ten minutes but it was quite spectacular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom