What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't sleep. So I decides to sit at the computer. I got an e-mail notice that our temp is presently 26ºF. I would say it is a bit chilly. :angel:

About 33 degrees Fahrenheit. Not windy, which makes it feel like 0 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our temp is at 32ºF. and wind is only 8 mph out of the north. If I had to go out in this, I could tolerate it. After all I am a hearty New Englander. (Who am I kidding!) :angel:

Here in north eastern Nebraska we haven't seen the sun but a couple days in the last 2 weeks. Fog, haze and drizzle. If the old timers are right we are in for a horrible end of January and start to February. The saying goes 6 weeks after a heavy fog there will be heavy precipitation. Its been one heavy fog after another. It will be interesting to see how accurate they are.

Here in north eastern Nebraska we haven't seen the sun but a couple days in the last 2 weeks. Fog, haze and drizzle. If the old timers are right we are in for a horrible end of January and start to February. The saying goes 6 weeks after a heavy fog there will be heavy precipitation. Its been one heavy fog after another. It will be interesting to see how accurate they are.

I don't know why I have it in my head that the only place one gets heavy fog is along the seacoast. Just goes to show you how much I don't know. I hate fog. It is so scary to drive in. Too many accidents on the roadways. I can understand why some on my favorite English movies always have scary fog in them. :angel:

I love the fog! It's been lovely foggy here for the last couple of weeks.

Currently 31F, have not been outside all day.

Fog can be deadly in the central valley of California. Over the years it's been responsible for untold numbers of chain reaction pile ups on the highways. It's called Tule Fog, and you actually can't see the end of the hood of your car. Here's an image from space.
img_1403238_0_db1852377fde5306c62a59d448bfe938.jpg

Fog can be deadly in the central valley of California. Over the years it's been responsible for untold numbers of chain reaction pile ups on the highways. It's called Tule Fog, and you actually can't see the end of the hood of your car. Here's an image from space.
img_1403245_0_db1852377fde5306c62a59d448bfe938.jpg

I have been in fog like that. And the only person I would willing to travel with under those conditions was my brother-in-law. He was the best driver I have ever known. I have seen him avoid an accident that was destine to happen right at us. A driver was coming down the wrong side of the road and he was able to avoid it completely. But the next person behind wasn't so lucky. Fortunately he wasn't injured. But the drunk driving the wrong way was. We have had a few pileups like that here on Route 1A and 107. Both have water on both sides. :angel:

Holy cow, princess. Sure hope you're not in the avalanche area!

It's getting cold here, I think we're in for a cool spell here in my neck of the woods. Below freezing tonight, and the weather reports are saying down in the 20's tomorrow night. I brought my houseplants in from the patio, just in case. :ermm: :)

No matter what, I won't turn on the heater during the night...I can't stand sleeping with hot air blowing on me. :wacko:

We've had March weather since the 24th. It has been 50-45F. Almost all the snow has melted, and the Girls (and boys) are loving it. They hate snow. I'm sure the weather will change, but for Ottawa, Ontario this is not normal December weather...keep it coming! I don't like the cold and really like that I haven't had to keep the woodstove going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom