What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our weather has been on the up-and-down for weeks. We've only had a few days of really, really cold weather so far this season. The last several days it's been sooooo gloomy and grey and rainy it's been ridiculous. At the moment it's 55F and lightly raining. Really?

However, if the predictors are accurate, the rain is going to stop and the mercury is going to take a huge dive. High for Monday is supposed to be 20F, then single digits during the next couple of nights and...4F. Looks like good-bye to 60F.

As for precipitation, only a slight mention of sleet along the way.

Geez! Mother Nature certainly has a bizarre sense of humor.

It's rained all day today but we missed the bad weather. It was all down below us. Believe me we get our fair share of tormatic weather... I live on what is called tornado alley...?

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

After getting our White Christmas about two weeks late (2" of the fluffy white stuff coated our grass and driveway today), we've had freezing rain on and off tonight. High of 54 predicted for Sunday, and then the roller coaster begins! They're predicting a skinny 1 degree for Wednesday night right now, followed on Thursday by a balmy 12. :ohmy: Once again, Mother Nature is going through menopause.

I'm glad we finally warmed up a bit. Those windchill temps were killer, especially that much cold with no snow...BOOOO!

I just heard that it's going down to 20 tonight, cold tomorrow, cold with 2-4 inches of snow on Tuesday, then bitter cold on Wednesday. I don't have much food in the house so I guess I will have to go out in the cold.

Our grocery stores get jammed any time they predict snow. Does that happen anywhere else?

Last edited:
2°F, and mighty windy here along the river. We got some snow. Even Beagle didn't want to stay out very long, and she wears her own fur coat.

Last edited:
It snowed and snowed to a good 6 inches, then it started raining at some point. Nasty ice on top of a layer of snow. It is currently 26F out, nice inversion layer should turn the rain back to snow for a couple hours. On top of ice, on top of snow. Good thing I like cold weather, not so sure about the hazard and for sure there will be avalanches from this.

We got 7 inches of snow yesterday, and they cancelled school. Today we're looking at significant wind chill, actual temp is -2°F, and school was cancelled again here along the river.

Last edited:
Brrrr! Y'all are getting some cold weather! :ohmy:

56F here now at 10:30AM, supposed to get up to the low 70's this afternoon. Beautiful sunny day today.

According to my SIL, school was actually cancelled today in Minneapolis! That only happens when hell has frozen over.

We're coming to stay with you, Cheryl!

Last edited:
We aren't MN- or Iowa- or U.P.-cold, but we're cold. It's around 16 out there right now, and if we're lucky we'll actually reach that for a HIGH tomorrow! :ermm: Glad I'll be snuggled under blankets and a down comforter when tonight's low happens - supposed to be -7. :ohmy:

And to think that when I was young (and foolish) I used to go skiing in weather like this! :LOL: Right now I'm glad I still have the thermal undies. ;)

We have 27F right now and the low tonight will be 14! Jeez! I know it's not as bad as some are experiencing, though. I have family in Michigan and Oak Park, near Chicago. Brrrrr!

High of 25 tomorrow. No precipitation in the forecast till Monday.

Yes, Carol, whenever it snows, people fill up on groceries, gas, etc. Our cities don't have the equipment to remove snow so the area just shuts down, for the most part.

I may be going out tomorrow. If I do, the long janes are going with me! :LOL:

Last edited:
Temp. -2°F
Windchill -15°F

If I go out with the car tomorrow morning those darn low tire pressure sensors will light up.

Why is it that so many things designed to improve the quality of my life only seem to make it worse! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Sending all of you warm hugs. I hate to report on the temps. here when you guys are so cold. I had both doors open this morning and then had to close them and switch on the AC.

Hey, half of us frozen DCers will go to Kayelle's, the other half of us will head to Cheryl's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom