What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to seed it, PF.

Was going to stencil "TSA" on the orange side of Beagle's raincoat when we went to pick up Mom at the airport many years ago, but Beagle refused to wear it.

LOL!!! Wish Beagle liked her coats.

I had the Pharmacy dog in a Pig Costume for Halloween...he didn't like it.

26F - it's Gentle Folk Start your engines! time. I go in to work later to avoid that mad rush of traffic, especially on the slick streets. Those people out there are nuts.

Hmm. To say I feel your pain would be a lie, Silversage. :glare:

We're all the way up to 16°F here along the river.

Last edited:
We had a high of 35F today and are expecting a low of about 32 with a wintry mix coming overnight. At least I don't have to go anywhere; I have to wait for the heater guys to come and fix our heating system :rolleyes: We have three space heaters and a couple of radiators still work, so we'll survive.

We had a high of 35F today and are expecting a low of about 32 with a wintry mix coming overnight. At least I don't have to go anywhere; I have to wait for the heater guys to come and fix our heating system :rolleyes: We have three space heaters and a couple of radiators still work, so we'll survive.

I doubt it will be cold enough to cause a problem with your plumbing, but I would open the cabinet doors under the kitchen and bathroom sinks to help insure that the water pipes don't freeze. It allows the warmer air to circulate freely in the enclosed space.

Good luck!

Thanks, Aunt Bea. Since we have pipes in the unheated crawl space under the house and the attic, we'll leave the water running a tiny bit to prevent freezing. We'd rather pay for extra water than broken pipes.

6 deg C/42deg F, 23mph wind but it sounds more than that, heavy rain,

And my central heating is off - pilot light has gone out and won't relight despite spending 1/2 an hour fiddling with it and swearing at it when I got home tonight. Gas man coming tomorrow. I have a servicing contract so repair will be free. If I hadn't been on contract and an elderly lady living alone I'd have had to wait until MONDAY!!!! Currently wearing 3 woollen jumpers, thick tights, leggings, padded over-trousers and my sheepskin boots and I feel like the Michelin man.

Last edited:
My furnace works fine, even if it's puffing over-time. This old house is drafty like a spring breeze coming off the lake. In winter. WHY is it not like this in summer! I think I saw an old pair of leggings up in the attic that a friend knitted for me in the 70's- 80's. The kind that is worn for dance practice. I should dig those up and wear them. Moth holes or not. I have on a pair of cotton sox, woolen sox, long johns, jeans and wooly lined slippers. A t-shirt, flannel shirt, hoodie zipped up and my bath robe. I too am the Michelin Man. :LOL:

10F no wind, the Ogre thermostat wars continue. Shrek turns it up and then turns on a fan because he is hot...:wacko:

We got 7 inches of snow yesterday, and they cancelled school. Today we're looking at significant wind chill, actual temp is -2°F, and school was cancelled again here along the river.

We haven't even had 7 inches total so far this winter! It's been really cold though. I don't doubt that the snow is coming. It's supposed to warm up over the weekend, into the 40s.

Down into the single digits again. It's only mid-January and I'm already tired of winter. Can't warm up tonight. Or I couldn't, until I helped myself to a bit of Himself's Bourbon. Now whether I'm warm or not, I just don't care. :LOL: Not much of a spirits drinker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom