What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got up to 45°F today, Beagle enjoyed her long walk! Right now it's 38° here along the river.

We had a lovely, sunny and wind-free 47°F here along the river. Beagle, DH and I enjoyed a nice walk.

It is unbelievable, it is so warm. Doesn't feel like January at all. Thank G-d.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

we are getting a blizzard tomorrow, lol. 18-32"'s of the white stuff, Ill check all the gennies in the morning, park the cars accordingly, etc...

Nice, Charlie. I bet all of our Minnesotans are enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. :)

It's 51 here now at 6PM and supposed to get down to the low 40's tonight. The best thing is, it rained hard almost all afternoon. Loved it, and will happily take whatever we can get. Supposed to be more rain throughout the night, yay!!

Thinking of all of you on the east coast. This storm coming in sounds like a doozy!

Last edited:
It's 37°F right now. We got an inch or so of snow this morning, nothing like they're getting out east. Stay safe, guys!

January Blizzard of '15 Preparedness Kit

'Nuff said.

Attachments

• 2015-01-26 19.45.24.jpg
    2015-01-26 19.45.24.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 141
'Nuff said.

I love it, :)

How many inches did you wake up to, we seem to have between 15-25", I have a large lawn on the south side of my house with a fence around the pool, and you can NOT see any of it, there is a drift between the pool house and my back doors that is around 12 feet!!! {but that is because its a U shaped channel that the wind is blowing to}...

It is still SUPER windy, but I think it was worse a few hours ago. I had to go out 3 times last night, I took the snow mobile and took my oldest son, which my wife was not happy about but he was begging me. One womens heat turned off because she has a side vented furnace that was covered in snow, then we got there and they didn't have any shovels, so I ended up running the snow mobile over it a bunch of times and restarting her furnace. Another families smoke detectors kept going off so I went and checked it out and it was because there wood stoves draft control was clogged up {not storm related, just bad timing}, and the last one was a nurse who needed a ride to the hospital, which turned out being 2 nurses, Had to take 2 trips because I had my son with me and we only seat 3 on the machine. While I was at the hospital a women and her son needed a ride home which was on the way so I left my son there went and dropped them off picked up the other nurse that needed a ride and then picked my son up when I dropped her off.

I did learn a few things, I definitely need more lights on the snow machine, and some type of strobe would be really helpful, there was no one on the road just other snow machines, but visibility was a real issue, I could only see about 15 feet in front of me, I thought I thought of everything, I had extra gloves, hats, goggles, tow straps, 2 cell phones, flares, etc, but no shovels {not smart} and not enough light on the machine, I am going to buy some big lights and a strobe light but will probably have to upgrade the battery and charging system after that..

I am not going out much today, I promised a couple more rides from the hospital which I will do in one trip {its actually a really fun ride down to the hospital, its not far and riding in the center of the high way without worrying about police ticketing you is fun...

I hope everyone is safe and comfortable, we lost power for about 3 hours which I wasnt home for much of and the gennies did their job, but looking out there now one of them is COVERED in snow the other is sheltered by that one so it isn't as bad, I may go blow them off just to be safe...

Nice, Charlie. I bet all of our Minnesotans are enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. :)
!

Oh, Yeah, Signs "Minnesotans for Global Warming" and "Thank you Al Gore for inventing it" are all over the place! :LOL:;)

Ok, I am joking of course. I doubt people are happy about it. All the snow melted it is not good for farmers, it is not for snow depending businesses. I don't mind of course, with my bad shoulder I am not looking forward for shoveling. :)

I love it, :)

How many inches did you wake up to, we seem to have between 15-25".... hope everyone is safe and comfortable, we lost power for about 3 hours...
Hard to tell with all the drifting from the wind. We actually had horizontal snow for an hour or two, around 3:00 AM. We haven't bothered going out to either measure or snow-blow. I'm going to guess we got about 2 feet. Even with the drifts we have, the wind didn't blow any of the grassy areas clean. Since I did more grocery shopping on Monday, and we have nowhere to be until I run out of fresh food, we don't have to head anywhere till maybe the end of the week. We'll clean our driveway tomorrow...unless YOU want to do it? :LOL:

Was very happy when I opened my eyes this morning to find my nose was still warm and the little green indicator light on the smoke detector was still glowing. :) ~ Now, a few pics from our snow event. The vertical shows the snow piled up on the house - that black spot on the left side is our grill. :ermm: In the horizontal picture, there is a very slight shadow of a ridge running left-right about the center of the image - roughly 8 feet in front of the big trees. There really is a stone wall there!

Attachments

• 2015-01-27 13.15.32.jpg
    2015-01-27 13.15.32.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 2015-01-27 15.42.38.jpg
    2015-01-27 15.42.38.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom