What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres some pics of my situation earlier, I had to use the snow blower to get into my truck so I could plow, me and the kids did just about 1/2 of the houses we have and the other half are all good with waiting till tomorrow, and they already cancelled school for tomorrow so they are good to help again...

It was funny to see them working so hard, and I split it up after we finished our yard, I did a couple came home, and then went back out, so it wasnt one after another. When we got home my youngest asked if he gets extra allowance for all the work he did today, I told him I thought he would be OK with me donating his allowance to someone in need since he enjoyed giving today so much.. He didn't even crack a smile, lol....

if you look in this first picture you can see the cars that wouldnt fit in the garages COVERED!!!! Also since I built the house I NEVER seen snow embedded into the stone work, this is under a porch roof 5-6 feet away from teh uncovered portion and the stone work joints were packed with snow!!!
img_1407938_0_0da1cd763455b2a5e02ce80d88d08a07.jpg

img_1407938_1_db3e1796d1a35f1d1e781bf37c175e4b.jpg

img_1407938_2_7a1f732b2af3a8f4db3f40af5db29705.jpg

img_1407938_3_74c383ef2af7d9adcf8b4d1d77fdaf52.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see the several of you still have warm toes and are ok.

Me and the kids had full body carhartts on Carhartt Quilt-Lined Coveralls, Tall 32" Inseam, Size 40, 83456-40 | Ben Meadows

with New 6 in1 Neck Balaclava Winter Face Hat Fleece Hood Ski Mask Warm Helmet Lucky-in Skullies & Beanies from Apparel & Accessories on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

and ll bean snow sport gloves {best gloves in the world}... plus the tucked work boots, we were ready for snow war, lol..

CG and C42, that snow is so beautiful when it's so clean and fresh. Wow. You guys really got pounded. Stay safe! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Early evening today from my front yard...our weather doesn't know if it should storm up and rain again or let the blue skies shine through. :LOL:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 160
Pretty picture, Cheryl. ~~ Yes our snow is pretty to look at...from the inside! You might have noticed the pics were not taken from outside. We'll tackle the driveway tomorrow.

The closest "big city" we live near is Worcester, MA. They announced on today's news that Worcester's snowfall in this storm was the most snow ever. 34.5 inches of snow. With that as a starting point, I wouldn't be surprised if we did get over 2 feet in our yard. Don't know for sure...we still haven't ventured out to clear it...:ermm: But I can say for sure that it is a LOT!

The closest "big city" we live near is Worcester, MA. They announced on today's news that Worcester's snowfall in this storm was the most snow ever. 34.5 inches of snow. With that as a starting point, I wouldn't be surprised if we did get over 2 feet in our yard. Don't know for sure...we still haven't ventured out to clear it...:ermm: But I can say for sure that it is a LOT!

Outside of worcester, you aren't far from me us at all...

Really, C4to? Then where were you and your boys when Himself and I were cleaning our driveway? :LOL:

LOL, depends what time it was, probably cleaning the churches parking lot, I am going back there today to finish cleaning it up, the street plow keep packing the inlet and outlet with more material every time they pass... That parking lot is huge and there is no where to put the snow left, I may have to take the back hoe there and start piling it higher, not going to be fun...

We do it for the people who cant do it themselves, not the people that dont want to, last year a family signed up and it was pretty far from where I go, but they were new to the church, it was a women with 3 kids under 5 year old, so I went, I get there clean the driveway, shovel the walks and stairs, uncover 2 cars, etc.
This guy walks out, doesnt say thank you or even look at us, gets in the car we cleaned off and pulls out almost running over one of our shovels, very capable of shoveling himself...

So I asked the girl who that was and she said her boyfriend and the father of her kids, I asked why he didn't shovel it, and she said they didn't have a shovel, so I left one of our shovels there and took her her off the list. Being honest i wanted to push some snow back in the parking spot so he could shovel a bit but I refrained, that was last february, there were a lot of people we couldn't help and she was far away so I could have done 4-5 locals that really needed help instead of her. But besides that incident it is pretty rewarding and I like to see the kids working their tales off and not complaining {much} about it..

Last edited:
This'll make you Yanks (am I allowed to say that?) laugh.

Get up this morning. It's snowing heavily. Have to go to stables so get dressed. 2 layers of wool, 2 fleeces, fleeced-lined tights, jodhpurs, padded trousers, 2 pairs wool socks, boots, padded waterproof jacket, fleece hat. Looked like the Michelin man. Could barely move.

Managed to get car off drive. No chance of getting out of the top of the lane as lane is a steep hill. Went the other way round horrendous bend with adverse camber and strewn with cars that had come to grief. A hundred yards further on and still on lane ran into a traffic jam. Crawled along for 15 minutes then gave it up as a bad job and turned round and went home.

Decided to walk into the village (about 1/2 a mile) to see if the bus was running. It wasn't. Most shops were closed and those that were open had no newspapers as the delivery hadn't been able to get through. Stopped at the deli for a rest and a coffee and then set off home.

There are steep hills at both ends of the village. The roads in the village were completely gridlocked due to aforementioned steep hils being impassable - the gritting lorries hadn't been able to get through due to the traffic! On my walk back home I passed cars I'd passed on the way out which had only moved about 1oo yards since I'd passed them on the way out, an hour and a half before!

We're stoic though, over here. I met a man outside my house who had made it into the village from Hazel Grove (about 4 miles away). He'd left his car at the repair shop and was walking back to Hazel Grove. He was going to walk through the woods as it was a short cut. I'd say he was about 70. I offered him a hot drink but he politely declined and went on his way. They make 'em tough up here in the north of England.

And the cause of all this chaos? Four feet of snow? More?

No, four INCHES of the damned stuff!!! I told you you'd laugh.

Last edited:
LOL, thats funny MC...

If you are not equipped for it, even a small amount of snow can be tough to deal with, plus you guys drive them tiny cars, lol, I read through your story like an episode of mister bean...

I'll be 4" would put florida into a state of emergency, they are 750 miles to the nearest snow shovel, lol...

Last edited:
This'll make you Yanks (am I allowed to say that?) laugh.

Get up this morning. It's snowing heavily. Have to go to stables so get dressed. 2 layers of wool, 2 fleeces, fleeced-lined tights, jodhpurs, padded trousers, 2 pairs wool socks, boots, padded waterproof jacket, fleece hat. Looked like the Michelin man. Could barely move.

Managed to get car off drive. No chance of getting out of the top of the lane as lane is a steep hill. Went the other way round horrendous bend with adverse camber and strewn with cars that had come to grief. A hundred yards further on and still on lane ran into a traffic jam. Crawled along for 15 minutes then gave it up as a bad job and turned round and went home.

Decided to walk into the village (about 1/2 a mile) to see if the bus was running. It wasn't. Most shops were closed and those that were open had no newspapers as the delivery hadn't been able to get through. Stopped at the deli for a rest and a coffee and then set off home.

There are steep hills at both ends of the village. The roads in the village were completely gridlocked due to aforementioned steep hils being impassable - the gritting lorries hadn't been able to get through due to the traffic! On my walk back home I passed cars I'd passed on the way out which had only moved about 1oo yards since I'd passed them on the way out, an hour and a half before!

We're stoic though, over here. I met a man outside my house who had made it into the village from Hazel Grove (about 4 miles away). He'd left his car at the repair shop and was walking back to Hazel Grove. He was going to walk through the woods as it was a short cut. I'd say he was about 70. I offered him a hot drink but he politely declined and went on his way. They make 'em tough up here in the north of England.

And the cause of all this chaos? Four feet of snow? More?

No, four INCHES of the damned stuff!!! I told you you'd laugh.

:LOL:

The horse should have come to check up on you! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

MC, loved your story! :LOL:

When we get an inch of snow here, this whole small town shuts down. Schools, everything. :LOL:

It is so windy (how windy is it?) I'm afraid a window might blow in tonight! :ermm: Since the house has stood through other windy days, I'll figure I can sleep tight tonight.

We're supposed to get more snow on Monday, at least 1/2 foot. Then cold moves in - predicting two nights below zero and the rest of them just darned cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom