What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend, (and I know Addie)

It snowed all day today ! But only like 4 inches.

And it's gonna snow tomorrow. And Sunday

I have 15-20 feet of snow in my front yard. It's nuts!

Kill me now!

Maybe I should take my head out of the hole and start living again. I felt that if I didn't see any snow falling, then it wasn't. Ostrich that I am! Nah, I won't kill you. If you got four inches, I am almost your neighbor, so I got 4¼ inches. We always get just a little bit more being so close to the water. What I wouldn't do to be living on a farm in South Texas somewhere right now. I don't know the last time I let the weather get me down this much. I need to breathe some fresh air.

We have snow drifts completely covering the front windows from the ground up to the roof. You can't see anything but snow when you go out to the sun room. And it is just too dangerous for any elder person to go out and try to walk. I really am not fond of a broken hip. It is the one thing that I haven't been treated for. I would like to keep it that way. :angel:

Take care of those hips, Addie. A broken one is no fun. My aunt broke her hip when she was 90, and made it only to 96. She wanted to live past 100 just like her Aunt Rose, who was either 102 or 103 when she died.

I've gotten to the point that when the cold gets to me, I remind myself of when I was in my early 20s and skied in this kind of weather. Over four decades have passed, but I sucked it up and swept the front porch off in my sweatshirt, sweatpants, and sneakers. I did have gloves on my hands, since those poor things chap once it gets below 50, but I felt like I was channeling PF for a while there. ;)

28F this morning.

You go CG! If you keep moving the cold can't catch you. Just be careful and don't hit the ice.

Some sunshine! :w00t: And temps above freezing! :w00t2: Both for a brief period of time. Our thermometer recorded a high of 32.9 today, after an overnight low of 3.7. At least most of the snow slid off our sun room roof. Now IF the sun returns, we should be able to solar-warm it into the mid- to upper-60s.

It's been a very pleasant two days with temps hovering between 2 and 6 degrees C, with no wind and sunshine that was quite warm in sheltered places. I've actually taken my jacket off when I've been mucking out the stable and Horse has been able to have a few hours out in the sunshine playing with his friends.

Not bad considering that it's "February fill-dyke" as the old rhyme used to say.

Some sunshine! :w00t: And temps above freezing! :w00t2: Both for a brief period of time. Our thermometer recorded a high of 32.9 today, after an overnight low of 3.7. At least most of the snow slid off our sun room roof. Now IF the sun returns, we should be able to solar-warm it into the mid- to upper-60s.

That alone will make everyone feel better!!

img_1410421_0_eccec077e6bf50f68b9dca1109e5896d.jpg

We did enjoy it, Kayelle! Not sure if Addie, Andy or jennyema got to see it though. Boston, along with other towns near the coast, are getting "lake effect" snow. Or, in this case, ocean effect. Having spent the first 50 winters of my life living in Greater Cleveland, cloudy winters and snowy days seem pretty normal to me. Since moving here, central MA seems to be sunny more winter days than not. Until the last couple of years. Now we seem to have more winter clouds than a decade ago.

We have clouds now, There is a light snow falling outside. Shouldn't be more than an inch overnight. *phew*

We did enjoy it, Kayelle! Not sure if Addie, Andy or jennyema got to see it though. Boston, along with other towns near the coast, are getting "lake effect" snow. Or, in this case, ocean effect. Having spent the first 50 winters of my life living in Greater Cleveland, cloudy winters and snowy days seem pretty normal to me. Since moving here, central MA seems to be sunny more winter days than not. Until the last couple of years. Now we seem to have more winter clouds than a decade ago.

We have clouds now, There is a light snow falling outside. Shouldn't be more than an inch overnight. *phew*

The only time I've been really cold was on a winter trip to Yellowstone. It got down to -26 during that two weeks in winter wonderland but the sun was bright and beautiful every single day. There's no way this California girl could have taken that without the SUN. The day we flew home we gained 100 degrees.
I wish sun for all of you!!!

I spent a few months in Montana in the winter, and boy was it cold, snowbound and in the negatives. :ohmy: Also wishing those of you in the eastern part of the country an early spring.

Except for you, Princess, hoping you get your cold for a while. :LOL::wub:

I'll be wishing I was somewhere else come summer, when the temps here are around 110+F.

We are again at 3°F and schools are again delayed by 2 hours tomorrow due to nasty windchill here along the river. Groundhog Day movie repeat?

Last edited:
I spent a few months in Montana in the winter, and boy was it cold, snowbound and in the negatives. :ohmy: Also wishing those of you in the eastern part of the country an early spring.

Except for you, Princess, hoping you get your cold for a while. :LOL::wub:

I'll be wishing I was somewhere else come summer, when the temps here are around 110+F.

Sweater weather in the morning, short sleeve in the afternoon. Loving it.

More snow last night. A girl was walking by a building and five feet of snow slid off a roof and buried her. Only her head was sticking out. It also buried a man completely. She is now in the hospital with neck injuries.

This is not a fun winter. Yesterday, a car riding behind a large trailer truck had some of the snow come off of the truck and broke his windshield. In this state it is the LAW that you are required to remove the snow on the roof of your car or vehicle before driving. A nice fine for the truck driver.

Our transit system is broken down and old. It cannot function in this kind of snowfall. So the cab industry is doing a land office business. The Pirate has been driving for a cab for the past month. He is exhausted. Been working 12 or more hours every day around the clock. Some days he doesn't even have time to grab a sandwich to eat in the cab. So he calls me to have something ready for him to eat when he come homes. Gulps it down and off to sleep for a few hours. Back in the cab. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom