"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #6741
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

OK, back on track. 42 and dark here along Ol' Man River. And I just found out I sat on my glasses. Not a good thing.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #6742
Executive Chef

that almost never happens with the cheapo ones for me....:)

Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #6743
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
OK, back on track. 42 and dark here along Ol' Man River. And I just found out I sat on my glasses. Not a good thing.

That is why I wear mine on top of my head. Nothing up there to harm them.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #6744
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

That is why I wear mine on top of my head. Nothing up there to harm them.
Say something about the weather, Addie.

My glasses turned out OK, just a bit mushed up. Nothing broken.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #6745
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Say something about the weather, Addie.

My glasses turned out OK, just a bit mushed up. Nothing broken.
I just turned the weather on. A lot of towns near us are in the single digits. We are in the low 20's. I live just a block from the Atlantic. So I know if it is cold here, the surrounding areas are much colder. I hate winter. Not looking forward to snow at all. Not even for a dusting on Christmas Eve,

I get around on my scooter. Now I will have to park it for the winter. Too cold for the gel battery.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #6746
Master Chef

This is about weather last night, but thought you'd like to know. Many of you have followed my trials and tribulations with the doggie I adopted this past year. It has turned out to be a true success story. When we got her, in March, she seemed to like cold weather. An oddity to us, because our previous dogs hated cold weather. Well, last night we had our first really "pretty" snow. You know, the kind that makes you want to turn in to a Christmas card. She woke me up, and just played and played in the snow. I got her back to bed at around 2 a.m., and she woke up an hour later and wanted to play and play some more. Just seeing the joy she took in the big snowflakes and fluffy stuff on the ground made me happy. Of course it is all nasty and messy and ugly now. But watching my doggie, even 'though I was a bit pissed at her for waking me up, have such a joyful reaction to the very pretty snow ... well, worth the loss of sleep!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #6747
Executive Chef

That is so cool, Claire! It's so great when you can make your pet happy like that! Little Dinky was sleeping on my arm while I was watching TV, and after my show, I sat there with him for another half hour just because he was sleeping so soundly. I hated to wake him. Plus, he's so warm and fluffy, it feels pretty good just to hold him and feel his purring.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 AM   #6748
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
That is so cool, Claire! It's so great when you can make your pet happy like that! Little Dinky was sleeping on my arm while I was watching TV, and after my show, I sat there with him for another half hour just because he was sleeping so soundly. I hated to wake him. Plus, he's so warm and fluffy, it feels pretty good just to hold him and feel his purring.
I'm envious, Timothy. No purring from my two cats. But they're happy. Honest!

Quite cool down here this morning - 61F. Will be in the high 70's this afternoon. Ahhh.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #6749
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
I'm envious, Timothy. No purring from my two cats. But they're happy. Honest!

Quite cool down here this morning - 61F. Will be in the high 70's this afternoon. Ahhh.
Dinky didn't know how to purr for the first 7 years of his life. Then, he started one day. Now he purrs like a mountian lion. It's very comforting when I'm holding him on my chest. It makes me feel good. Plus, his little belly is so soft and warm. It feels like having a heating pad on me. I love taking a nap in the recliner with him. So does he! I can hardly get sat down in it before he's up there wanting some cuddling.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #6750
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Dinky didn't know how to purr for the first 7 years of his life. Then, he started one day. Now he purrs like a mountian lion. It's very comforting when I'm holding him on my chest. It makes me feel good. Plus, his little belly is so soft and warm. It feels like having a heating pad on me. I love taking a nap in the recliner with him. So does he! I can hardly get sat down in it before he's up there wanting some cuddling.
My guys are only 4, so I guess there's hope. Thanks, Timothy. Dinky's one lucky cat.