What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our weather is now fluctuating day to day between single digits and the 30's. They said it is going to warm up in a week or so. March can go either way for us. We have had snowfalls over a foot, but they melt in a day or so. Then we have to start worrying about our many rivers flooding. I'm "high on a hill" far from the rivers!

It is glorious sunshine and 62 degrees...in my sun room. :cool: However, on the other side of those windows is 19 degrees and dropping. The noon meteorologist said we might be in for the coldest night of the year tonight. What, minus 6 or 8 hasn't been cold enough! :wacko: Our average high should be 40. We aren't going to see that temp anytime in the coming week...

We broke 100 inches out our way a storm or two ago. :wacko: Amazing what a difference of about 60 miles can make. It's not much warmer out here in the frontier, about 21 degrees. However, we have milky sunshine! This winter has been so cloudy I don't mind any kind of sunshine, as long as it's there.

We are at 106.3 inches so far!

We are still in the lead for the 2015 Golden Snowball Award!

The Golden Snowball Award is a contest between 5 cities in CNY. The cities that compete are Albany, Buffalo, Binghamton, Rochester and last years Champion, Syracuse." A trophy is awarded to the winning city every year.

We win far too often! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

golden_snowball_trophy2-737154-797335.jpg

That is a beautiful award. We are catching up with you. The official fall from last night brought our amount 100.6 inches for this winter so far. More snow today and more predicted for the weekend and next week. Who knows how much that will be. I am so depressed by all of this cold and snow. I would go outside and yell at the snow gods, but it would be useless. :angel:

We are at -2°F, with a "feels like" of -20. Got 6 more inches of snow yesterday. Schools are again delayed 2 hours due to windchill tomorrow. DH is making noises about moving south.

:ohmy: Holy cow, y'all. I can't imagine.....does it seem like the snowfall is heavier and the winters are going on longer than they have in the past for those of you in the Midwest and on the east coast? Seems that way to me from what I've heard on the news. Take care, everyone.

Last edited:
:ohmy: Holy cow, y'all. I can't imagine.....does it seem like the snowfall is heavier and the winters are going on longer than they have in the past for those of you in the Midwest and on the east coast? Seems that way to me from what I've heard on the news. Take care, everyone.

Thanks, this ain't nuthin', Cheryl! The little town where I grew up in northern North Dakota has had -45°F lately, without factoring in windchill!

Sure feel for the east, and for the south, who aren't used to this.

This winter is the harshest one I have ever seen. Even from when I was a kid. We never had enough snow to have snow days. And I have seen many winters where we had no snow. Just cold. Twenty degree weather was as bad as living in Antarctica. But this snow falling everyday is unreal along with zero temperatures that only go up a few degrees with no sun in sight just never happened that I can remember. Only once do I remember Boston Harbor freezing over. Now it is frozen past the harbor out into the current. We have had the Coast Guard working between Cape Cod and the Islands. And part of Boston Harbor. The passageway to the Islands HAS TO BE kept open. Food is brought there every day. Like fresh produce, meats, milk etc. This winter has given us a lot of first. That we would gladly done without. :angel:

Thanks, this ain't nuthin', Cheryl! The little town where I grew up in northern North Dakota has had -45°F lately, without factoring in windchill!

Sure feel for the east, and for the south, who aren't used to this.

:ohmy::ohmy:

My thoughts are with y'all who are buried in snow.

Not my weather, since there is no way I would live on an island surrounded by ocean, but I thought this article I saw online was rather interesting. It seems that the ocean water near the coast of Nantucket is not quite frozen. As in, it as the consistency of a slurpee! Some really interesting photos accompany the article - you should click the link just to look at those. Enjoy.

The Slurpee Waves of Nantucket

One picture, just for a tease!

Jonathan_Nimerfroh+%28105+of+6%29.jpg

Those shots are great. I would like to meet that photographer. He has quite and eye for the perfect shot. But he must have been freezing those pics.

I guess it got to be too much for the CG cutter to keep the lanes open to the mainland. The water past the waves looks so choppy and cold. Going past Constitution Beach here in Eastie today, I noticed it was also frozen over along with Winthrop Beach and Short Beach in Revere. At our beach, it is located in a cove and out toward the airport is a small island that is a clam bed. At high tide it is completely covered over. Well, I hope those clams can find a way to free themselves under the ice. If not, the beds are again going to be dead and no clams for harvest. Another disaster and loss due to this crazy winter. The only people that are making any money are the cab companies. People don't want to stand in the cold waiting for a bus. The cabs are running full out. Usually there is a line at the supermarkets. As fast as the folks come out of the store, again they don't want to walk across the street and wait for a bus. So they grab a cab. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom