What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so ready for winter to go away.
+1 I know our "lawn" under the snow is pretty brown, but not seeing snow righ now would make me happy. We'll get there. Meanwhile, sunny but chilly today. High got to the upper 30s.

I have a major case of "Cabin Fever". We need to get a new coffee maker. I see a small road trip ahead!

Creeping up into the low 80's now and high 80's over the weekend. It might sound good to some of you, but here we were kind of hoping for at least some winter. :ohmy: It's going to be a long, hot summer. :ermm:

I guess we all have some kind of weather to deal with. LOL

Last edited:
Yesterday it was 57ºF. Today it was in the low 30's and windy. Actually freezing. Why could yesterday have been my birthday? :angel:

Over 30c again today and 33c tomorrow. I was asked to bbq for a birthday party in the Valley tomorrow. Not looking forward to this as the Valley, just over the hill, is always quite a bit warmer than metro L.A.

We were out most of the afternoon and a bit early evening, enjoying sun (while it was up) and temps in the low 40s, now in the upper 30s. Got all our running out of our system since we'll be getting cold rain changing to light snow this weekend. CWS, you really don't need to share your weather, you know. ;)

It got up to 70°F, my favorite temp! And the sun finally peaked out after a day of clouds here along the river!

My first winter aconite: ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1426298890.822429.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty little flower, Dawg. I had never heard of it, so looked it up. Interesting info...!

My snapdragons, pansies, viola, and vinca are going crazy right now.

Thanks! Love your flowers, Cheryl, but round here we don't see them till April or May.

The snow has pretty much melted and the aconites are the first to pop up. Of course, that doesn't mean we're done with snow. We've had a few whompers in the past, both in March and April.

Last edited:
Ooh, pretty. Is that in your yard? Mine still has a couple of feet of snow everywhere, though it is getting shallower.

Yes, they're usually awake in February, but had been buried by snow so were slow to start this year.

+1 I know our "lawn" under the snow is pretty brown, but not seeing snow righ now would make me happy. We'll get there. Meanwhile, sunny but chilly today. High got to the upper 30s.

I have a major case of "Cabin Fever". We need to get a new coffee maker. I see a small road trip ahead!
I'm surprised your lawn is brown. Here they are green when the snow goes away and then they might turn brown when they thaw out.

Our temps have been in the low 60's but its raining over the weekend so I don't think it will be as warm. There is still some snow in our back yard. Lots of trees back there so it doesn't get much sun, even though the trees don't have any leaves, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom