What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm freezing. We're in the low 60's and the wind's ablowin' here along the river.

Yesterday was in the 80s and humid. Haven't turned on the AC yet so last night as a fitful sleep. This morning the weather turned and now it's in the 60s and dry. I've had the windows open around the house we can cool down and sleep well tonight.

Where did summer go? Yeah, I know, it wasn't supposed to be summer yet, but tell that to the weather. It's 9°C (48°F). It must have rained pretty hard last night. Some of the dandelions, violets, and lamium were lying down this morning. The dandelions haven't bothered to open up their flowers today.

Where did summer go? Yeah, I know, it wasn't supposed to be summer yet, but tell that to the weather. It's 9°C (48°F). It must have rained pretty hard last night. Some of the dandelions, violets, and lamium were lying down this morning. The dandelions haven't bothered to open up their flowers today.

Love your avatar!

They had about ten tornadoes in Texas and Oklahoma last night. A school in OK was having their prom and it got interrupted. The kids had to spend it standing around in the hallway. I wish this season for these dang storms would hurry up and be over with. :angel:

Jeez, I'm freezing my butt off, after being lulled into a false summer this weekend. It’s currently 48°F here along the mighty Mississippi. At least the wind died down a bit and I got Beagle walked.

Could be worse, friends in ND have snow drifts!

Last edited:
Rain off and on with threat of thunder showers and it's muggy. 20°C (68°F), feels like 27°C (81°F). I shouldn't need the air conditioning when it's only 20°C, but I do.

Right now our temperature is at 53ºF. We are expecting thunderstorms and rain later today and then sunshine with the temperature climbing up to the low 60's. We really need the rain.

We had a fire the other day right outside the building. Someone tossed out a lit cigarette and the dry grass along the highway caught fire. Everything is so dry and brittle. Perfect for brush fires. So every drop of rain that comes are way is welcome. :angel:

Cold and windy again today. It's mid May fer Pete's sake! I've been putting off planting my seeds.

Sorry, Dawg! I saw that there's a frost warning in Michigan, where my in-laws live :ohmy: Our high temperature was 87F today. I have zucchini four inches long :woot: I just wish we would get some rain. It keeps going north or south of us.

I am frozen solid. It's finally almost up to 50°F here along the river, and the rain has stopped.

Our temperature has been in the 50's all day. And looking at the next ten days, we are supposed to hit 70 degrees for a couple of days and one day of 80 degrees. The rest of the time the temperature will be in the 50's. So being the brilliant people that they are, they turned off the heat and turned on the A/C today. I just love living with idiots. So I turned on the oven for one hour tonight in order to get some warmth in my apartment.

Right now I am very tired and cranky, so off to bed I go. Tomorrow my apartment is going to be inspected. :angel:

It's 64°F, the pool is open, and I hear kids up there splashing around. I have a jacket on and am still freezing my scrawny butt off. Black flies have now joined the gnats, ticks, and mosquitoes! Gotta love life in the woods here along the river!

We have had our air conditioning running all week but after the rain today it got really chilly and I had to have a jacket on. I prefer not needing the air conditioner or the furnace.

Rain! Blessed rain! On and off over the last 24 hours. Downpours at times, too, with thunder and lightening. Before the rains, we had temps in the low 80s. Tonight? Last I checked it was below 50. Won't be much higher for Monday and Tuesday highs. Seriously thinking about turning the thermostat to "heat" again, and set the temp for 62 or 63, "just in case"...

It is still raining off and on and the temp hasn't risen about 48ºF. Cold, damp and raw. Miserable weather.

I want to get my hands on the idiot that complained about the heat and wanted the AC on. Didn't they know we are always looking for frost right up to and including May 31st?

Oh dear, please put some happy thoughts in my heart today! If I wasn't so cold, I would hunt down that miserable person and put them out of my misery. :angel:

I took a look at our forecast. Rain, rain and more rain until at least 9 p.m. Tuesday night. Looks like I will be staying inside for the next day or two. It is so raw and windy out right now. I went down to get my mail and was just stand at the door looking out. I could feel the cold right through the thick double pane door. Right now I have the oven on. There is a vent under the back burner that allows the heat from the oven to escape. I have it set of 225ºF. So the oven goes off and on. It is keeping my apartment at an even 70ºF. I have a heavy really thick flannel nightgown. I am not going to take it off. Short of wearing my coat in my apartment, it is the warmest article of clothing that I own right now. So it is either the coat, stay in bed under two blankets all day or the nightgown. The nightgown won. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom