What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
69ºF. and overcast. I can live with this weather. I have been in the house all day. Not one of my better days but an feeling much better now. We are supposed to get rain tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday. I am glad I have nothing planned during those rainy days.

Tomorrow I have to go get my new EBT card. Spike lost my old one. That means I have to get my picture taken. I hate having my picture taken. I never take a good one. Going in the rain. Oh Joy! :angel:

Gah! Hope you have AC Cheryl! We're in the low 90‘s today.

Yes! Everyone here has either an evaporative cooling system or A/C.

I would be curled up inside of the refrigerator! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I hope things cool off for you!

This pretty much sums up the way I feel about extreme heat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQJDBQzgwM

I've seen that twilight zone episode! :LOL: :ohmy::ermm: Not a chance of cooling off here Aunt Bea, it's only going to get hotter. Next week will be up around 108. Then later in the summer it'll get to 110+. But if you go from an A/C house, to an A/C car, to an A/C store, it's survivable. LOL

Yes, the high desert. Northeastern Kern County, at the base of the southern Sierra Nevadas. I could sure go for the 70's now....:)

And still no rain where it is needed the most. Here's hoping every day. We have rain coming in the next couple of days. I wish I could send some your way. :angel:

Thanks, Addie. We'll take whatever we can get.

There was a small 3.6 earthquake today when I went out to get the mail and was chatting with the mail carrier - we were saying no wonder they call this area 'shake and bake'. :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Lovely day here. It was 23°C (73°F) and felt like it. It was perfect for spending a few ours in Old Montreal with my sister.

It's raining buckets! The DirecTV is out, and it's thundering and lightning here along the mighty Mississippi. Obviously, Beagle is not interested in a walk.

Hot hot hot! It's cooled off to 94F and the heat index is only 99! My master gardener group cancelled our planned trip to the zoo tomorrow because it's supposed to be even hotter. I don't know how people survived without air conditioning. Can you imagine wearing long skirts and petticoats in this weather?!?

Hot hot hot! It's cooled off to 94F and the heat index is only 99! My master gardener group cancelled our planned trip to the zoo tomorrow because it's supposed to be even hotter. I don't know how people survived without air conditioning. Can you imagine wearing long skirts and petticoats in this weather?!?

You're not kidding GG!! When we flew back home from your neck of the woods yesterday I felt like "I'd been rode hard and put away wet"! OMG...that heat and humidity is a killer! Getting off the plane here to the low 80's with no humidity was a homecoming gift to be sure. I hear you have jumped from winter to summer, and spring just didn't happen.

Oh yuck, Cheryl. Glad the humidity is not as bad.

We got up to cloudy low 80's, now down to mid 70's. Skeeters are still bad.

OMG Cheryl, it's so hot for you like a dry oven! The only thing worse is heat like that in a steamer. I don't do heat well at all, but steam heat just about killed me on our trip.

It was 78 degrees with an ocean breeze here today. Come visit!!!

Hot hot hot! Right now strong thunder storms. Last night the storms produced crazy wind and hail, I was grateful to have a windshield this morning!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

You're not kidding GG!! When we flew back home from your neck of the woods yesterday I felt like "I'd been rode hard and put away wet"! OMG...that heat and humidity is a killer! Getting off the plane here to the low 80's with no humidity was a homecoming gift to be sure. I hear you have jumped from winter to summer, and spring just didn't happen.

Yeah, fun fun fun! Not ;) I hope you enjoyed your trip, though.

Yeah, fun fun fun! Not ;) I hope you enjoyed your trip, though.

We certainly did enjoy your part of the the world GG, so rich in history and it's such a beautiful part of the country, not to mention the world! Nobody can really judge what will happen with weather, but dang, summer came way too early for you and for our plans. Phewww...;)

OMG Cheryl, it's so hot for you like a dry oven! The only thing worse is heat like that in a steamer. I don't do heat well at all, but steam heat just about killed me on our trip.

It was 78 degrees with an ocean breeze here today. Come visit!!!

We should arrange for a visit when fall comes! That's such a beautiful time of year in SoCal, and no one will be melting. :) Yes, it's like an oven here, but could be worse - my daughter's best friend lives in Palm Springs and it was 117F there today. :ohmy:

109F now. Supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. I haven't left the house in 4 days. :ermm: I'm out of fruits and veggies so I've got to go to Albertsons tomorrow - might hang out in the frozen foods section for a while. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom