What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the storms that moved through yesterday, we have the quintessential summer day. It's about 72, virtually no humidity, and a soft breeze blowing through the woods. So why am I here at the computer? :huh: Danged internet addiction! :LOL:

Off I go to do some gardening. I'll be back later, if I can raise my arms up above my waist! Old age isn't for cowards...

Gee, those storms missed us completely. As a result, we are a chilly 67F. And I need to go run some errands on my scooter. :angel:

After our rain, lightning and thunder last night into the wee hours of the morn, today is a sauna. 95°F, with a heat index of 108! Yuck.

Last edited:
We're having a cool spell here, it only got up to 102F today with 8% humidity. 99F right now at almost 6PM.

:LOL:
Seriously, that humidity that you and Charlie are having is hard to take. I wonder if you ever get used to it. :(

We don't, unless there's a nearby ocean, river or lake to jump in! Glad your humidity is so low!

And I don't know about Charlie, but here we have the worst crop of skeeters I've ever seen, they use Deet for salad dressing!

Yes! I raced out to pick our first ripe cherry tomatoes, and planned to pick some blueberries, but I was immediately chased indoors, not so from the oppressive heat, but from the skeeters.

Been hot as the Hinges of Hell here the last week or so and, at least until Tuesday, our "feels like" temps will be in the triple digits. 104F yesterday, with today's prediction to be 110F. Tomorrow not much better. The humidity is ridiculous. You can see it hanging in the air. Around here it's called "air you can wear" and that's more than accurate. Dangerous. No rain predicted to break the streak.

I want to go out and harvest vegetables but it's too hot. I guess I'll wait till 8 pm when the heat index drops to 96F :ermm:

Attachments

• 1437334037421.jpg
    1437334037421.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 123
I hope they are right when they say that this is the weekend that feels the hottest for this summer. 28°C ≈ 82°F and 38°C ≈ 100°F.

It should be date night, but we'll see how that thunder storm plays out.

Attachments

• 2015-07-19 weather.jpg
    2015-07-19 weather.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 112
Even though I have the AC on, (just barely) I went over to open the window slightly. OMG, the heat coming in is incredible. I got dressed to go to the store. I am not sure I even need to go now. It is that heavy heated hot air that takes your breath away. I am so glad I keep an inhaler on my scooter all the time. Because I feel that I am going to need it. I wanted Summer weather and now I have it. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Well, I did, in spades! :angel:

I hope they are right when they say that this is the weekend that feels the hottest for this summer. 28°C ≈ 82°F and 38°C ≈ 100°F.

It should be date night, but we'll see how that thunder storm plays out.

I don't know why, but every time there are storms in my area, they miss Eastie completely. They just go north or south of us. :angel:

It didn't quite make it, but it sure tried to get up to 90ºF. today. Only made it to 89ºF. :angel:
Don't worry, Addie. We had it covered out here in the frontier. It was a Triple-H day: Hazy, Hot, and Humid. Ugh! Come ON Wednesday. 82 looks refreshing right now! Unfortunately, anything beyond 24 hours (sometimes less) is mere speculation and conjecture.

Attachments

• 2015-07-19 21.45.36.jpg
    2015-07-19 21.45.36.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 120
humid, so very humid. When it's in the 90's and we have a rain shower that doesn't cool things down, it's miserable! Luckily it's down in the 80's now. These are days that it's just more comfortable to stay inside where it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom