What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My plants are loving this weather. They haven't been this happy in months!

I am sure every plant in LA is very happy right now. Our 70 foot snow pile finally melted. I wish we could have sent it your way instead of holding it here. But now we have a six ton pile of rubbish that was mixed in the snow. Want that instead? :angel:

A little shower this morning, but then it got too hot to walk Beagle. Whew! Heat index in the 90's, next week promises to be even hotter. And the mosquitoes...don't get me started on the mosquitoes. I have NEVER seen them this bad here.

Sorry to hear you're still plagued by the skeeters, Dawg. :(

It's actually been pretty nice here for this time of year - it's barely reached 100F for the last week or so. Might get a little more rain this week.

Glad your weather is finally tolerable, Cheryl! I can't even work in the yard, the skeeters are so bad! The heat and humidity would not be a problem if it wasn't for the constant blood donations!

DH makes it a point to show me every single bite he gets. It's annoying after awhile.

Last edited:
:LOL: I can imagine. "....I've got one here....and here...oh, and look at this one...and here..." Seriously though, it's got to be annoying to hear those little beasties high pitched little whirring and the subsequent blood sucking - I remember that from camping. :huh:

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what I'm supposed to do about DH's bites, other than admire them, I guess...

I tend not to profile my bites, but I figure that's just me.

Last edited:
:LOL: I can imagine. "....I've got one here....and here...oh, and look at this one...and here..." Seriously though, it's got to be annoying to hear those little beasties high pitched little whirring and the subsequent blood sucking - I remember that from camping. :huh:
Because of that noise, they are sometimes called "petits quatre moteurs (little four engines) here in Quebec. :LOL:

After a few days of warm-enough temperatures and low humidity, a change, she is a'comin'. The humidity is creeping up already. Tonight's low will probably be the lowest all week, and that's no cooler than the mid-60s. Depending on which weather forecaster you believe, we're in for three to five days in the 90s and humid. Ugh. Besides that, lately the A/C is making a "different" noise. I'll be giving my A/C tech guy, Ken, a call in the morning. Need to get our name at the top of the list before the weather really pushes the temps.

...I can't even work in the yard, the skeeters are so bad!...DH makes it a point to show me every single bite he gets. It's annoying after awhile.

...Not sure what I'm supposed to do about DH's bites, other than admire them, I guess...
Just as long as he doesn't drop trou to show off THOSE bites...:ermm: :ohmy: :LOL:

KaPow! *flash-flash* BoomBoomBoom

We're in the middle of a "please don't let the power go off" downpour. A good, old-fashioned, midwest frog strangler. So far the lights have flickered once, and cut off completely twice for a second or two each. Since it's 72 right now and won't be going much cooler, I really want the A/C to run tonight.

KaPow! *flash-flash* BoomBoomBoom

We're in the middle of a "please don't let the power go off" downpour. A good, old-fashioned, midwest frog strangler. So far the lights have flickered once, and cut off completely twice for a second or two each. Since it's 72 right now and won't be going much cooler, I really want the A/C to run tonight.

And now we are getting it. Noisy, but the rain is good for the lawn and veggie garden out on the property. We had an earlier bout with the thunder. Spike and myself along with Teddy were sitting outside. Poor Teddy, was so terrified of the thunder. he jumped up on my scooter and tried to hide under my seat.
Then when we brought him inside and he got into the apartment, he immediately jumped up on my bed and crawled under the blankets. :angel:

102°F is as high as it got while we were out on the highway, had a low of 72° on the way home just before it started raining.

Windy as heck, too...where the blazes are we? Wyoming? Oh, yeah...

Wow, seriously, CG? 72 is too warm?? We set our a/c to cool down to 79! :LOL:

Outside was 72, inside was 74. Both OK for now. But it should be a humid 82 by 10 in the morning. It's a preemptive move. Besides, our day/night A/C settings are 79/76. Looking for dry air more than cold.

The funny thing is, in the winter we never set it above 69 on the coldest, windiest days and we're warm enough. It's usually 67 during the day. I can always add another layer of clothing, but there's only so much I'll take off!

Only 74 so far this morning but the dew point is 67 and I feel like my hair is starting to mildew! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm ready for autumn leaves, pumpkins, apple cider and cinnamon doughnuts!

Ahhh, a cool 55! Haven't seen that in a LONG time. Going to 85 later today. We need RAIN! Hasn't rained in months and months. Everything is starting to change color so maybe we will have an early, rainy fall. We can hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom