What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been getting smoke and hazy skies from the fires, too - today was the first time in several days that the Sierra Nevadas have been visible again, and the sky was back to it's normal blue. There's another CA fire down south, so I suspect tomorrow we'll be getting the smoke from that one up here, too. :(

The temp barely got over 100F today with 8% humidity, so that's a good thing.

We have a touch of autumn in the air today. Full sunshine but a nice, cool breeze. That will, once again, come to a screeching halt next week. We should be experiencing highs in the upper 80's to 90. Phew! Tired of oppressive heat and humidity. I could never live in FL.

Speaking of FL, I hope our members down there are ready for a deluge. Thankfully, Erika is no longer a hurricane or tropical storm, but it looks like she's got a lot of water to dump. Stay high and dry, friends! At least as "high" as you can get down there. :ermm:

We have a touch of autumn in the air today. Full sunshine but a nice, cool breeze. That will, once again, come to a screeching halt next week. We should be experiencing highs in the upper 80's to 90. Phew! Tired of oppressive heat and humidity. I could never live in FL.

Speaking of FL, I hope our members down there are ready for a deluge. Thankfully, Erika is no longer a hurricane or tropical storm, but it looks like she's got a lot of water to dump. Stay high and dry, friends! At least as "high" as you can get down there. :ermm:

Yes, CG, we appear to have dodged the Erika bullet so far as we know. But not surprisingly, we've been told to keep the 'brollies handy for the next several days. Here is our sky at 4:00 PM today.

Attachments

• Four O'Clock Clouds 8 29 2015.JPG
    Four O'Clock Clouds 8 29 2015.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 109

Here on the East Coast, it started raining mid-afternoon yesterday, with VERY brief periods of no rain. Then about 2:00 a.m. this morning started with severe thunderstorms, lots and lots of quick power blinks and it just finally started settling down about 6:30. It's actually not raining now but from the looks of the sky that won't last for long.

When I tried to take the baby pugs out this morning, it was still pouring. They started out the door and put the brakes on real fast. I had to get the umbrella out and walk away from the door to coax them to go outside with me and do their business. The ground was like a bog.

Sunny today, sunny tomorrow. I wouldn't mind a change. Not too much. El Nino is gaining strength. The La Nina effect is what the US west has had for the last 6 years.

I waste a lot of water at my kitchen sink when I need hot water for clean up. I waste about 2-3 gallons while the water travels from the hot water heater to my faucet.

Point of service hot water heaters should be mandatory in all new construction out here.

Since the hot water heaters here in the builders tend to shut down around ten at night, it can take me as much as five minutes to get water hot enough for a shower after that hour. I am on the second floor and the heaters are at the opposite end on the building and on the first floor from me. I think I am the only person up at that hour here. :angel:

Finally we are having rain! We haven't had any significant rain since March. This is the first rain that my garden is experiencing. Wonder how the plants are liking it?

After a blissful week in the low 70's, we made it to 91°F here along the river.

Whoo, it's hot! 95°F here along the river, and the pool is closed due to a chemical imbalance :grumble:

Our thermometer is saying 88, but with the low humidity right now it almost feels cool! :ohmy: That seems so wrong! Our little weather station said humidity is 30% and the dew point is 51. I can take summer when it's like this. Unfortunately, we'll have a wet blanket dropped on us in a couple of days if the forecast holds up.

I can't believe all the high temps y'all are having. Here it's overcast with occasional drizzles - 75 degrees and 88 percent humidity. Not what the tourists at the Oceanfront wanted this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom