What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We broke a record, 68 degrees today!

The kids were skating in the city center today.

This is a magical photograph of our city center by local photographer Jody Grenier, the photo has gone viral this holiday season.

19415056-mmmain.jpg

Last edited:
We broke a record, 68 degrees today!

The kids were skating in the city center today.

This is a magical photograph of our city center by local photographer Jody Grenier, the photo has gone viral this holiday season.

19415056-mmmain.jpg
Oh my goodness, that's gorgeous. No wonder it went viral. It looks more like a painting than a photo. :)

Wow, AB....that is stunning! I looked at some other pics on his twitter page - what a talented photographer.

Here I am living on the edge of the Atlantic, thinking about last year at this time, we were up to our backsides with snow. And facing more to come. Today we went over 70ºF. I am not complaining. Not today. My cold finally broke this morning and to celebrate, I went for a walk before the temp was even above 65. I so enjoyed it. A nice hot shower, a walk around the neighborhood and passing out smiles to everyone I passed. This weather is my kind of weather. No complaints from this home on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Even if you celebrate a different religion at this time of year. :angel:

Addie, I think you're remembering back two years ago. Last winter was warmish and dry. The snow really didn't start falling until mid-January. Now TWO years ago was a freezing cold and snowy holiday season. Our sweet neighbors snow blowed our driveway before we got home just so we could make it up our hill.

Well, welcome once again to Canada's Great Wet North.

No, folks, that isn't a typo. We are having rain right through from now until the day after Christmas (Boxing Day here). They were talking about the possibility of light fleuries tomorrow; however that has been revised.

So no White Christmas again here this year. Personally I don't think that is a bad thing, but it does look beautiful!

Addie, I think you're remembering back two years ago. Last winter was warmish and dry. The snow really didn't start falling until mid-January. Now TWO years ago was a freezing cold and snowy holiday season. Our sweet neighbors snow blowed our driveway before we got home just so we could make it up our hill.

It may have been warm where you were, but here in Boston, by mid December we were already up to our backsides in snow. There was more than ten feet of snow in front of the Community Room windows. The salt farm in Chelsea was almost empty and the salt trucks were lined up over the Meridien Street bridge waiting to fill up. It wasn't until last June that the last of the snow over in South Boston snow farm finally melted. It left a pile five feet high of trash that was in the snow. Every day we get ads on the TV reminding us of last winter and what precautions we need to take to stay safe this year.

My daughter had been snowed in just before Christmas and was unable to come pick me up for the holiday. So I spend the holiday alone. He car was parked in her yard and they couldn't get the gates open due to the snow.

No, last year was not a warm winter for us here in Boston. We had 108.6 inches of snow last winter. :angel:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...season-on-record-amid-winter-of-superlatives/

42F here now at 5PM, and a low of 17F tonight. I had to double check to make sure I'm reading the right page for my area of SoCal. :blink:

Go ahead, rub it in!

48°F and light rain here! :mad:

Same here. I can live with the rain. But no snow please this year.

But North and West Texas is getting slammed with a major blizzard along with New Mexico. I hope they don't get slammed with our winter of last year. :angel:

I'm at my mummy-in-law's house in Cornwall. It's currently 0°C (32°F). Overnight, we had snow, freezing rain, rain, and more snow. It's snowing now.

I'm at my mummy-in-law's house in Cornwall. It's currently 0°C (32°F). Overnight, we had snow, freezing rain, rain, and more snow. It's snowing now.

We are supposed to get snow on Tuesday. We will see just how accurate our weather station at Logan Airport really is. :angel:

We are supposed to get snow on Tuesday. We will see just how accurate our weather station at Logan Airport really is. :angel:
They are saying that we will have ~25 cm (10") of snow on Tuesday. We will either drive home tomorrow (Monday) or wait until the snow has been cleaned off the highways.

They are saying that we will have ~25 cm (10") of snow on Tuesday. We will either drive home tomorrow (Monday) or wait until the snow has been cleaned off the highways.

Do be careful. Pull off and find a motel if necessary. We need taxlady here. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom