What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Jan 2016 is sunny, cold (by So Cal standards) and unbelievably windy. I am going to have to brave the cold and go outside and retract my Sunsetter awmning before the wind rips it right off the house.

Glad you made it home safely Taxy, and also nice to hear you're having such a beautiful day, Charlie!

29F here now at 10AM. Brr. Supposed to be a high of 48F today. Sunny and blue sky, though.

6 degrees, bright sun reflecting off a couple inches of fresh snow, it looks like a Christmas card this morning!

So naturally I started cooking! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Winter may have started late, but it's catching up quickly. Currently -15°C (5°F) and I hear it went down to -20°C (-4°F). But, it's sunny and pretty looking.

We got an inch of snow last night (okay, all you Easterners can stop laughing now! ;)). It is mostly gone on the roads; however, our snow is very wet and if the temperature drops it turns to ice very quickly.

So, I probably won't be going out today. :(

We got an inch of snow last night (okay, all you Easterners can stop laughing now! ;)). It is mostly gone on the roads; however, our snow is very wet and if the temperature drops it turns to ice very quickly.

So, I probably won't be going out today. :(
Do you have crampons, those spikey things you strap to your boots?

Good morning! It's 54f here at 8:26am and pouring down rain!:) I will be going out later. I need to find and dust off my umbrella, and find some shoes that aren't sandals.
The SC just added up the rain we collected in our rain gauge for 2015 and it was more than I thought..11.17 inches total. Time for a new chart for 2016. It will be interesting to see how much we get with El Nino upon us this year.

Last edited:
If it would stop raining we might be able to see what the weather's like :rolleyes:

Although I'm in the north west of England and despite the heavy rainfall, we are lucky not to have been affected by the horrendous floods that have struck Lancashire, Yorkshire and Cumbria. Some of those places have been really badly hit, some repeatedly.

Good morning! It's 54f here at 8:26am and pouring down rain!:) I will be going out later. I need to find and dust off my umbrella, and find some shoes that aren't sandals.
The SC just added up the rain we collected in our rain gauge for 2015 and it was more than I thought..11.17 inches total. Time for a new chart for 2016. It will be interesting to see how much we get with El Nino upon us this year.

Too late to edit.. Our total rainfall at our house last year was 7.0 inches. A normal year is 15"

Last edited:
Glad I patched up several areas of my roof last week. Hope they hold up.....especially if you don't know exactly where the rain water is entering from.
Raining now, and expecting good rain totals this week.

I'm sure glad I had my roof repaired last year too, RF, when a big windstorm blew a good sized patch of shingles off. We don't have but a couple of roofers here in this small town, and now I don't have to worry about the roof when the heavy rains come.

It rained here last night but had quit by the time I woke up - the rain you all are having down south is headed this way and is expected to hit this afternoon. It's going to be a wet week, that's for sure. :)

My business suffers when it rains like this but on the other hand I feel happy and cozy all over... I love to just stare out the window when it's raining... I stopped at TJ's on my way to work this morning and picked up some tea bags and snacks so I can cozy up by the front window with them..

LOL It's so freeking exciting for the three of us to have some weather to talk about.:punk: My Tues. morning "lunch bunch" canceled.

It is, isn't it? :LOL: Sunshine 300 days a year sounds nice, but doesn't leave much for weather conversation. :LOL:

Probably a good idea to cancel your lunch, just to be on the safe side.

It is, isn't it? :LOL: Sunshine 300 days a year sounds nice, but doesn't leave much for weather conversation. :LOL:

Probably a good idea to cancel your lunch, just to be on the safe side.

Exactly. People in these parts have little driving in the rain experience. Wow, it's just pouring down..1.6 inches in the last 3 hrs.

10F when the kids got on the school bus this morning......kinda chilly. Plenty of sunshine right now but it's still cold at 23F.......I think I'll stay indoors....:D

Whoa....cold there where you are, Marc!
Kay, wow, over an inch so far...!

RF...I LOVE to sit by the window and watch the rain, too. My retired neighbors across the street open their garage door, park themselves on lawn chairs in the garage, and watch it rain while they're having their coffee. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom