What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently -8°C (24°F) and sunny.

The "winds gusting to 90 km/hr seem to have gusted to 100 km/hr (62 mph). Approximately 60,000 people were without power and they don't all have it back yet. There was also wind damage, beyond the branches on power lines. At least three brick walls collapsed in Montreal. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

News - Damaging winds bring down three brick walls in Montreal - The Weather Network

Wow, taxy, you've had some real gusts by you! :ermm: Thankfully, you're OK. We're OK too, since we didn't have that strong of winds last night.

Right now~~~
I got sunshine, on a chilly day.......
1f3b6.png

I'm glad the weather finally got cold enough to make (and EAT!) soup. We love soup, but not enough to have when the weather is warm. Sometimes cold weather isn't so bad. *ducks, runs, and hides*

First BIG SNOW of the season, 6" on the ground and another 6" on the way before nightfall!

So I got up early and turned on the oven, made a low carb pumpkin pie and roasted half a ham! :pig:

I need the ham bone more than I need the ham. Tomorrow I will make a small pot of Senate Navy Bean Soup, AB style.

Did you know there are at least two official recipes, why doesn't that surprise me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It's all yours, A Bea. We're suffering through a cold snap (48 degrees this morning); the horses are wearing blankets.

You can have yours, too, Charlie. Five degrees!

28ºF. I can live with that. What I can't live with is the bitter, biting cold wind. I had two appointments this morning. Standing in that wind for even a sort time was torture. Oddly enough, the wind was blowing harder in the sun, than in the shade.

Brrr...:angel:

Cold and windy for sure. I hate when the wind starts and the barometer changes quickly - I often get headaches. Today was no exception. Nothing like coffee (caffeine) or ibuprofen (usually successful) stopped the ache, so I reached for (as Himself called it) the "big guns". I grabbed a chocolate bar and ate it all. :yum: Just waiting for it to work its magic.

Cold and windy for sure. I hate when the wind starts and the barometer changes quickly - I often get headaches. Today was no exception. Nothing like coffee (caffeine) or ibuprofen (usually successful) stopped the ache, so I reached for (as Himself called it) the "big guns". I grabbed a chocolate bar and ate it all. :yum: Just waiting for it to work its magic.

Some folks are really sensitive to weather. Pirate has neuropathy in his feet. Rain and the cold of winter really brings on the pain. So bad, he can hardly walk like today. And he doesn't even have to go out.

Folks with arthritis can tell you even in the sun is shining, if rain is coming. :angel:

It's a gorgeous, sunny 52°F today here along the river. DH and I took Beagle for a nice long walk at noon. Sadly, it's supposed to come to an end soon, the weatherman is talking windchill of -30 for the weekend.

It's a gorgeous, sunny 52°F today here along the river. DH and I took Beagle for a nice long walk at noon. Sadly, it's supposed to come to an end soon, the weatherman is talking windchill of -30 for the weekend.

;);) Oh do be quiet! I was standing downstairs at the mailboxes this morning around 10 a.m. The door opened to let someone in. A blast of cold air came in and it :wacko: took my breath away. Right now it is a balmy 28ºF at 9:15 p.m. here. And that is today's high. :angel:

Holy rainstorm! :w00t: It's coming down by the bucketfull. Water is rushing down the street in a river and my yard is flooded. :)

Last edited:
It's been darn near tropical all day. Bright and sunny, with the temp holding at about 70F. Pretty breezy, though, because I thought I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by a few times. It's clouded over a bit but still 66F.

A far cry from the same time last week. We had about 8 inches of snow over ice and no one was going anywhere.

I think Mother Nature is bipolar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom