What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unseasonably warm here. It's 3°C (37°F) and drizzling. Stirling took the garbage out to the curb, wearing a t-shirt, track pants, and slippers. When he got back, I asked him how it was. "Not bad, it's warm." Me, "Even with the rain?" "It's not pleasant but the water isn't frozen." Yup, that's how we roll in Canada.

Last edited:
I woke up to rain on Sunday morning, which doesn't bother me because it gives me an excuse, no matter how lame, to just stay in bed. Then the wind started, and I mean wind! It blew one of the outdoor light sconces right off the front of my house! It also blew the garbage cans out to the curb. Unfortunately trash day is Thursday so I had to put them back.

I bought new sconces when I had the house painted a couple of years ago but never got around to installing them. Now I have a reason!

Last edited:
4 inches of vertical snow, 30°F...I hope it didn't melt before it started accumulating. I am glad the plows on the highway start up as soon as it starts snowing.

37°F, and cloudy. I was at the dentist's for teeth cleaning this morning, and an older woman came in just soaked. She'd fallen on black ice in the parking lot. Thankfully, she told me she wasn't hurt. Be careful out there!

Last edited:
Great Plains Blizzard - that's all that needs said. Only light snow so far, but 30-40 mph winds creating a mess for any sort of travel out here on the prairie.

Great Plains Blizzard - that's all that needs said. Only light snow so far, but 30-40 mph winds creating a mess for any sort of travel out here on the prairie.

I think we've gotten another two inches since I woke up...leaving early for work.

The weather has been great, warming nicely, the snow is melting. Today they put out a blizzard warning. They say it's coming from the south (Iowa) not sure how much we will get, depends on what station you listen too. I've heard anywhere from 3 to 10'. Time will tell.....in SE South Dakota

We had a blizzard a week ago. Since then the weather has been on the mild side. We even got into the mid 50's today. As far as I'm concerned an early spring would be more than welcome now even though this has been the mildest winter I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom