What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a sad story. :cry: Those poor families. I know I've weathered a few doozies of winter storms during my lifetime, but at least it was during modern times and sturdy housing. I've got no complaints.

I can't stop thinking about that horrible blizzard so long ago and all those children sent off to head for home. I have zero experience living in killer weather but at least today everyone knows what's headed their way to make preparations. That "Children's Blizzard" of 1888 is one of the saddest pieces of history I knew nothing about.

Well, Dakotas might get another blizzard today. They say it might be a foot of snow there. Here in town we've been promised around 4-8 inches. Not a huge deal, but will sure ruin the commute home. I better find a good cigar and take it easy on the way home.

Candlemas day!

"Half your wood, and half your hay. Half the winter has passed away, we'll eat our supper by the light of day!"

Mid 40's and cloudy!

It's 46°F, the sun is shining brightly, and it's windy as heck. This has been an unusual winter for us this year here along the river. I'm not complaining though.

Our temperature is at 31 right now - and that will be the high of the day. It's all downhill from here. More ways than one, too. We could get up to 10 inches of snow from when it starts later today through till the end on Tuesday afternoon. Just so long as the electricity holds out, let it snow!

60 m.p.h winds here in London....glitchy internet connection!
smiley-computer012.gif

Temp at 29ºF, under blizzard condition with gale winds and flood warnings here along the coast. This is not going to be a day to go for a walk in the park. :angel:

Good grief! We're about to be blown away with the Santa Ana winds, at 30mph and 81 degrees. Sigh, it's fire weather.

I was hearing about those winds down your way, Kay. Seems a little early in the year for the 'devil winds' to hit, but with the el nino effect, who knows what kind of year it's going to be. :ermm:
-----------------

Mid 60's here now, supposed to get up to the mid 70's today. Slight breeze, and beautiful blue sky.

I was hearing about those winds down your way, Kay. Seems a little early in the year for the 'devil winds' to hit, but with the el nino effect, who knows what kind of year it's going to be. :ermm:
-----------------

Mid 60's here now, supposed to get up to the mid 70's today. Slight breeze, and beautiful blue sky.

I had to turn on the AC at 8:30am Cheryl!! The devil is out with his blow torch. Ackkkk:devilish:

I had to turn on the AC at 8:30am Cheryl!! The devil is out with his blow torch. Ackkkk:devilish:

Oy! I think it's going to be a long hot summer here. I haven't had to turn on the AC in the house just yet, but I had to in the car today. Tomorrow I'm going to switch out my bedroom closet from winter wear to summer wear.

Winter is back with a light dusting of snow!

This is the view from my perch this morning, I love to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the folks heading off to work! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

37727-albums348-picture6372.jpg

Winter is back with a light dusting of snow!

This is the view from my perch this morning, I love to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the folks heading off to work! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

37727-albums348-picture6372.jpg

What a beautiful pic, AB! I'd love to watch that from my window with a cuppa, too. That would make such a pretty Christmas card. :)

A dusting of snow here too. It is sparkling and very pretty. I tried taking pix, but the sparkling just doesn't show in the pix. :(

Nice, AB!

Dang, it's cold here along the river! And the wind is not helping. With wind chill, it's -5°F.

Last edited:
Right now our temp is 27ºF. The wind is about 7 mph, but we will get a gust of more than 20 mph and you can feel it slam into the building.

That big storm that they had everyone in a tizzy about? Still waiting for it. It never happened. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom