What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up at 1:00 am to howling wind and rising temps., expected to hit 50°F by noon today!

Can't sleep so naturally I started cooking, meatballs and a pot of sauce! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Winds are just starting to pick up around here, too. Not bad right now, but if they get higher, I just might find one of your meatballs on my table at breakfast. :ohmy: :LOL: :yum:

We're expecting mid-50s on Saturday, 50 on Sunday. Then we hit the downhill side of the roller coaster ride come Monday - back below our average of 40. :rolleyes:

Winds are just starting to pick up around here, too. Not bad right now, but if they get higher, I just might find one of your meatballs on my table at breakfast. :ohmy: :LOL: :yum:

We're expecting mid-50s on Saturday, 50 on Sunday. Then we hit the downhill side of the roller coaster ride come Monday - back below our average of 40. :rolleyes:

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzSMkKef9nQ

Rain, rain, and more rain. It spits and drools and drizzles constantly. I love rain, but only when accompanied by thunder, lightning, blinding downpours, and horrendous wind. Otherwise, what's the point?

I actually prefer a long, gentle rain. It gives the gardens a good soak and doesn't break anything ;)

We're having the opposite today, though. Partly cloudy and highs in the mid-60s.

Is it OK if I like both styles of rain, GG and rr? A gently rainy day is relaxing and good for the ground, but there is nothing like a molar-rattling, pavement cleaning downpour. Especially around here when it is accompanied by booming thunder and flashing skies. I really appreciate a great thunderstorm now since they are less frequent here in MA than what we had back in OH.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:...
While I was sleeping, the bit of wind we had ended up diminishing and I woke up to bright sun and blue skies. Alas, no meatball. :(

It is a glorious day. Upper 50s, sunny, gentle breeze. Easy, like (Easter) Sunday morning. So why am I inside on the computer? :huh: Off to adventures! Adventures in grocery shopping, that is. :LOL:

Later!

It's a sunny 57°F, and no wind! We didn't get a meatball either :(

Just got back from walking Beagle, no snow, no ice, but lots of interesting smells that she enjoyed. I wouldn't enjoy them, but Beagle does. We have different tastes in smells.

Last edited:
Is it OK if I like both styles of rain, GG and rr? A gently rainy day is relaxing and good for the ground, but there is nothing like a molar-rattling, pavement cleaning downpour. Especially around here when it is accompanied by booming thunder and flashing skies. I really appreciate a great thunderstorm now since they are less frequent here in MA than what we had back in OH.

Of course :) I like both, too, although a long, relaxing rain is less stressful. We do get more flooding here when it comes down hard, though. The ground doesn't have enough time to soak it up.

It got up to 75 here today. Yesterday I bought two one gallon tomato plants that I will plant tomorrow or Tuesday.
I had to get all the tomatoes off the vines from last year's plant. I think I got about 75!

Yes, we got it. The sun and temp made it tolerable!

Blech. After several lovely days in the 50's and 60's, it's now 28°F here along the river.

Oy, take care, taxy!

It's 60F here right now. The weather has been beautiful and sunny the last couple of days. Spring has sprung! :)

Attachments

• 1456887256236.jpg
    1456887256236.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom