What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday it rained most of the day and the temperature reached 54F. Today is bright and sunny and the temperature is 70F. Typical spring weather - something new every day. Sometimes something new every few hours ;)

Attachments

• 1459790372182.jpg
    1459790372182.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 124
WE have snow and 25 degree temperatures. Could be 60 come Thursday, though. Just roll the dice!

Unfortunately, Cleveland isn't faring much better - hence, today's baseball game was cancelled. :cry: It could have been a "Go" last week Friday, since temperatures were near 70 and it was sunny. Today? No snow, but really cold. Like end-of-season football cold. This pretty much nails weather in either locale, though.

4133972d5338dc08441d96fbcfa159a9.jpg

Currently -5°C (23°F), which was our high yesterday. Forecast low (which was yesterday's low): -10°C (14°F). I want some warm.

Yesterday there was no snow to be seen out my patio door. Today we got this and a weather warning:

W0B0R59zQdlbsSUWiXThjCwG9W8CYqBNWlF416SOHQs21dIhzjDl4q1Q5AjdHCNzDA4NfQdnXv5DOKIn3bCw-GASRzyJCEWvppU=s0-d-e1-ft
Rainfall Warning

_WGWdp8ycAqVJ4v9DchzqgWGNywULGnWKxjL22J39RUmnl-HF1tWzubls_yCGDZ5z9k5faT9L8piJHHVYvrk_EAZyeHVjAswqhjs7Q=s0-d-e1-ft
Montréal Island area

Issued at 15:45 Wednesday 06 April 2016
Rain, heavy at times is expected. The frozen ground has a reduced ability to absorb this rainfall. A major system will track across Quebec on Thursday and Friday. Snow will change over to rain as the system approaches. Overall, rainfall amounts will be in the order of 25 to 35 mm over the mentioned areas, except over higher elevations of Central Quebec where rainfall amounts could reach 40 to 50 mm by Friday morning. Localized flooding in low-lying areas is possible.

To put those numbers into perspective, 25.4 mm = 1 inch. Good thing I'm not in a low-lying area.

This is the current view out my patio door, and it's still snowing:

Attachments

• Spring Snow 2016-04-06.jpg
    Spring Snow 2016-04-06.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 147
Expected high today of 9°C (48°F) with enough rain that there is a more serious flooding warning than yesterday, but thankfully, still only in low lying areas. This is what it looked like 10 minutes ago:

Attachments

• Spring snow 20160407.jpg
    Spring snow 20160407.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 108
Snowing hard and sticking. Temp at 29ºF. :angel:
So it's your fault is it? ;)

After ten days of mild and springlike weather we've gone back to thick layers and woolly hats. Last night I had to get up and fill a hot water bottle!

The Met Office guy on television said it was coming from the USA.

So it's your fault is it? ;)

After ten days of mild and springlike weather we've gone back to thick layers and woolly hats. Last night I had to get up and fill a hot water bottle!

The Met Office guy on television said it was coming from the USA.

Today our temp is 55ºF and raining hard right now. I will change the weather to sunny and warm, then send it on the way across the pond. :angel:

Earlier today, I thought I saw a few cats and dogs dropping from the sky. Now it's just that annoying "drip-drip-drip" thing going on. If you're going to rain, RAIN, darn it! At least today's earlier frog-strangler probably washed away most of the annoying dust left behind from the sand/salt mixture they use on the winter roads. Each spring I end up getting that dust in my eyes...and under my contact lenses. :cry:

Perfect day for staying in bed, under the covers, and sleeping. Unfortunately, my Catholic Guilt kept kicking me in the shins. I got up...

Earlier today, I thought I saw a few cats and dogs dropping from the sky. Now it's just that annoying "drip-drip-drip" thing going on. If you're going to rain, RAIN, darn it! At least today's earlier frog-strangler probably washed away most of the annoying dust left behind from the sand/salt mixture they use on the winter roads. Each spring I end up getting that dust in my eyes...and under my contact lenses. :cry:

Perfect day for staying in bed, under the covers, and sleeping. Unfortunately, my Catholic Guilt kept kicking me in the shins. I got up...

One time many moons ago, the sand/salt truck stopped right in front of my house. The driver had run into the sub shop right next door. I had just walked up to my door when he appeared. I asked him to please dump a bunch right inside my house all over my rugs. Then I could at least get it over with for the season. It seemed every day I must have swept up a good pound of the stuff each day. That heavy duty bushy mat right outside my door was one step below useless. Or maybe it was my kids who didn't know how to use it. :angel:

Foof! It's hot out! 80°F here along the river. Mother Nature is a bit bipolar.

61° F, and thundering. It's rained off and on all day. Beagle is very confused, when I would hook her up for a walk, it would start pouring. Beagle is not a water dog, she despises rain.

61° F, and thundering. It's rained off and on all day. Beagle is very confused, when I would hook her up for a walk, it would start pouring. Beagle is not a water dog, she despises rain.

May I introduce her to Teddy. They can compare notes! And Teddy just loves the girls. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom