What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girding up for another hot one! It was already 80F at 7:30 this morning. Supposed to be, at the minimum, 108F today. The humidity is so high you can nearly cut the air with a machete. I expect the pool water to be in the mid-90F range. Bath water. I think I'll siphon some off so cold/cooler water can be added to make it more refreshing.

It's been like this for a couple of weeks and the weather predictions are for more of the same easily into next week. I don't handle the heat very well since I got sick and it's taking its toll. Well, it's taxing everyone.

It's thundering as if we live under a bowling alley. The lightning would put the best lazer show to shame. And the rain is pouring down. :clap: We are nearly a foot below the annual water requirements, so every one of these inches of rain is preciousl So far this month we've had 2.10 inches of rain - most of it in the last two days. I'm loving this while Himself is whining "I'll have to cut the grass!" in the background. Suck it up, Shirley. :LOL:

Too. Dang. Hot. No rain in the forecast till Thursday.

Attachments

• 1471149808218.jpg
    1471149808218.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 88
We had one heck of a thunderstorm last night with a downpour to match. Yesterday we had a respite from the unbearable hot, humid weather. So much for that. It is already 83ºF. and going to the low 90's. Showers in the early afternoon. Good. We need the rain. :angel:

Sunny and 90° today, sunny and 95° tomorrow, lather, rinse, repeat. That is the forecast through Thursday, with a remote chance for a thundershower. Normal August weather here.

much nicer today especially now it has cooled off a lot and even the humidity has really dropped. Earlier was thick from all the rain yesterday and last night. It really came down.

Gorgeous day. Got up to 83°F, but it felt like the mid 70‘s, no humidity and a nice breeze. Took Beagle for a long walk, and she and DH didn't lie on the floor panting when we got home.

I ended up shopping in air-conditioned stores and riding around in the air-conditioned car. For once I don't smell like a locker room at half-time.

Gorgeous day. Got up to 83°F, but it felt like the mid 70‘s, no humidity and a nice breeze. Took Beagle for a long walk, and she and DH didn't lie on the floor panting when we got home.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh dear! Thank you for my morning laugh. I have a mental picture of the both of them fighting for the coolest spot on the floor. :angel:

Right now our temp is 77ºF. Expecting it to go to mid 80's. Gee PF, you sure do know how to spend a hot day.

I am supposed to leave my apartment for the day. But I don't like leaving with workman here tearing my home apart. At least I have AC here. I dread going out into the hall to get the elevator. No AC out there and the windows let in all the sunshine. :angel:

100F now at 6PM, that's not too bad compared to what it was a few weeks ago. The winds are down and the humidity is rising, hopefully that will help the firefighters control at least some of the fires. :(

Instead of our usual clear bright blue skies and orange sunsets, this is what it looked like a street or two up from my house yesterday afternoon, from all the smoke from the Sierra fire. I know it's not really 'weather' related, but didn't want to post this is the random photo thread - there are such nice pics there.

And this is nothing compared to what the homeowners and firefighters are going through in the fire zones.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
If I didn't know that those clouds were from a fire, I would say it was a lovely picture. But as it is.... worrisome.

My daughter, although far from the fires at Fort McM, still suffered from the smoke that drifted into Edmonton from there (she has asthma issues).

Hope things get better and go well for the firefighters there Cheryl.

To all our Florida members and friends.

I just got the notice on my computer that Hermine has been updated to a hurricane and is headed your way on your West Coast. So everyone please listen to your authorities and take their advice. Prayers for all of you. :angel: And one to look down on all of you and to protect you and yours. :angel:

We've had about 14 inches of rain since last night. Wind bands come and go. I'm on the eastern/southern edge so won't get the brunt of it. There's concern about storm surge in Tampa Bay. I'm two streets outside of the flood zone, so should be OK, but right now my backyard looks like a swimming pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom