What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had about 14 inches of rain since last night. Wind bands come and go. I'm on the eastern/southern edge so won't get the brunt of it. There's concern about storm surge in Tampa Bay. I'm two streets outside of the flood zone, so should be OK, but right now my backyard looks like a swimming pool!

Stay safe. I have seen what a storm surge can do. Not a pretty site. One year during a really bad Nor'easter, there was a storm surge in Winthrop and Revere. Two towns right next to us. They are surrounded by the Atlantic and it was in the middle of the winter. Nothing like slushing through icy cold water in the middle of the winter. :angel:

Our temps are finally not breaking 70 anymore and it's finally raining. A little bit. Wheeeee...........................

'Course, it'll be like this now till next July.

It's been so nice the past few days. The temps have barely hit 100, and I can feel autumn in the air. :)

Next week is supposed to be in the low to mid 90's - almost cold. :LOL: (kidding)

Kathy Lee....my daughter and her family are headed to Vegas as I type this - they're on a short vacation and catching a flight from there to Oregon. :)

Beautiful here along the river, didn't get much above 75°F, and sunny. Days are getting shorter though.

:LOL: Cheryl, barely hit 100!

Last edited:
Beautiful here along the river, didn't get much above 75°F, and sunny. Days are getting shorter though.

:LOL: Cheryl, barely hit 100!

This is heaven compared to 115! :LOL: I'm liking the shorter days....but I'll be complaining again once it's dark by 5. :wacko::LOL:

Cheryl, you're a morning person. You get to see plenty of sun during the day. :LOL: Meanwhile, when I can get away with it, I'm a nooner. With the sun going down before 4:30 PM during the longest days of winter, when I sleep in late I feel like a vampire...

It was a perfect autumn day. Big, gray, puffy clouds in the sky, then a downpour. Sun came out after that and started to take the rest of the humidity away. Going to be good sleeping weather tonight.

We've had about 14 inches of rain since last night...right now my backyard looks like a swimming pool!
I hope you have a good pair of waders! This probably isn't your first rodeo, so carry on. Meanwhile, I'll keep hoping that weather moves past you quickly and brings some of that needed rain up our way. Holiday weekend be danged.

CG....sort of a morning person - as I get older the earlier my body clock wants me to wake up. :glare: I used to have to set the alarm if I had to be up before 7 or 8, now I wake up around 6 no matter when I go to bed. And I can't go back to sleep no matter how much I want to, even with the house to myself and no one needing anything. :LOL:

Take care, Floridians!

Last edited:
We made it through with lots of wind, rain, and flooding. Fortunately for us, no major damage - just a few tree limbs, backyard under water, etc.

Hermine is now inflicting his ills on the eastern seaboard. Those of you in Virginia, Maryland, etc, I hope you have battened down the hatches! Stay safe and dry, friends.

If you are further up the coast, use the time to get prepared. Hermine is a huge rainmaker! I wish you all well.

DH is getting dumped on at home in Virginia, but I'm enjoying a gorgeous day at the South Haven (Mich.) Farmers Market with my mom. 70 degrees, low humidity. It's just beautiful.

So do I. Much more of this and I'll be licking the monitor and drooling on the keyboard.

Weather here is perfect - in the upper 60s with partly cloudy skies. I have my window wide open and it's 69° in my room right now.

We are having a plague of millers, they are all over the place, only show up at night. Makes for funny dances trying to keep them off of you.

Brrrr. Just came in from taking the trash bin out to the curb. It's getting chilly. 65F now at 8:15 and I froze half to death out there. :ermm::LOL:

Overcast, humid and hot and I wish we would have a thunderstorm, but we seldom do. We have our own micro climate here, what happened in the big next to us, seldom happeneds here.

Yesterday morning was cold, put on a sweater and long pants. By afternoon was in shorts.

This morning only 65 but HUMID! Just might get a bit of rain, but not sure. Supposed to be sunny by early afternoon.

gosh `i'm so jealous...........it's near the upper 80's to lower 90's and humid here in `oman.........my daughter's wedding was early August in San Francisco and so wonderful to wear light jackets at night.........`i can't believe the weather differences.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom