What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, I might be in a bit of trouble. This cold snap caught me by surprise - my fault as I wasn't checking. We've got below freezing for the week and have not turned off my outside taps... argghhh. Will get warmer next week and I can do it then... just hoping the damage is minimal!.
We usually have freezing at night and above during the day, never deep enough to freeze under ground pipes. Boy, did I screw up this year!

Raining here. We're supposed to get an inch of rain tomorrow. It's like the usual, we'll probably get the entire inch in about 20 minutes. Then the sun will come out.

Raining here. We're supposed to get an inch of rain tomorrow. It's like the usual, we'll probably get the entire inch in about 20 minutes. Then the sun will come out.

rr, when I lived in Tacoma, my girlfriend and I each had a boy the same age. The four of us went everywhere together. Regardless of the weather. One day we had to go down Pacific Avenue to get to the bank. It was pouring out. Typical weather for the area. But we didn't let that stop us. One had on the stroller, and one hand holding up an umbrella. Cars that were air planeing slowed down to see these two crazy females and their kids out in that weather. The kids thought it was a lot of fun.

Low 40's, temp going down tonight and staying there. Rain expected for the next three days.

Oh, so much joy to look forward to.

It's soup and stew weather! I don't mind the rain, Addie. After all, into every life a little rain must fall. I'm trying to make the best of days no matter what the weather, enjoying Nature in all of her varied moods. And, yes, I'll still feel that way once the snows start to fall - at least for the first 10-15 inches. :LOL:

It's soup and stew weather! I don't mind the rain, Addie. After all, into every life a little rain must fall. I'm trying to make the best of days no matter what the weather, enjoying Nature in all of her varied moods. And, yes, I'll still feel that way once the snows start to fall - at least for the first 10-15 inches. :LOL:

The problem for me with rain is that when I HAVE to make a run to the store, it becomes so difficult for me to walk. As long as I stay inside, I don't feel it as much. But once I step outside into that wet world, it stays with me until the sun has ben shining for a couple of days. And it is certainly not due to extra girth. I can feel my two hips grinding with every step. I don't mind the snow. After all I live in New England. What I do mind is when folks don't shovel their sidewalks.

The problem for me with rain is that when I HAVE to make a run to the store, it becomes so difficult for me to walk. As long as I stay inside, I don't feel it as much. But once I step outside into that wet world, it stays with me until the sun has ben shining for a couple of days. And it is certainly not due to extra girth. I can feel my two hips grinding with every step. I don't mind the snow. After all I live in New England. What I do mind is when folks don't shovel their sidewalks.

Interesting. You say you shop only once a month, and eat hardly anything, and buy paper and cleaning goods online, so I can't imagine that you HAVE to run to the store very often. Especially since one son lives with you and your daughter lives a few minutes away.

Wind still howling, temps in the mid 30's. Downright nasty out there. Supposed to stay cold for at least the next week.

I have my grocery list made out for Sunday dinner - Hungarian Goulash Soup. I'm already looking forward to it. :yum:

NWS is predicting 3*F tonight. Here is a photo from this morning

Attachments

• DSCN5510.jpg
    DSCN5510.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 75
Pouring rain here too. We really need it. We've been in severe drought conditions since the early summer.

I drive past a few reservoirs every day on my way into work and it's scary how low they are getting. About the only thing good about it is that it's a fine time to go retrieve snagged fishing lures now that the water has receeded.

The last good rain we had was in July. I managed to lock myself out of the house while gardening, but I did shoot a neat video of the downpour from my porch while waiting for DW to come home.

Had a little rain yesterday but not really enough to relieve the severe drought and fire risk conditions. At least we're not in the middle of the kind of problem the folks in Gatlinburg, TN are facing.

Back up to nearly 70F today and sunny but quite windy. I noticed as I was driving today that quite a few floral arrangements had blown off graves in the area cemeteries and were in the ditch. Also many of the Christmas decorations people had put outside in their yards and houses/porches were either somewhere in their yard or in a ditch similar to what I observed at the graveyards. Must've had some wind last night.

Been a very unusual autumn season. Makes me wonder what winter will be like.

Pouring rain here too...The last good rain we had was in July. I managed to lock myself out of the house while gardening, but I did shoot a neat video of the downpour from my porch while waiting for DW to come home.
Wow, BT, nice digs you guys have for yourselves. Still NJ, though? On one of our trips to FL, Himself missed the signs for the Garden State Parkway and we ended up going down the east coast, until we got to Tom's River. Headed across state at that point, taking SR 70. The middle of the state is so pretty! Nothing at all like the "What exit?" side of the state. :LOL:

Interesting. You say you shop only once a month, and eat hardly anything, and buy paper and cleaning goods online, so I can't imagine that you HAVE to run to the store very often. Especially since one son lives with you and your daughter lives a few minutes away.

:LOL: Aww com'on GG - she was sneaking out for a cigarette! :ROFLMAO:

Wow, BT, nice digs you guys have for yourselves. Still NJ, though? On one of our trips to FL, Himself missed the signs for the Garden State Parkway and we ended up going down the east coast, until we got to Tom's River. Headed across state at that point, taking SR 70. The middle of the state is so pretty! Nothing at all like the "What exit?" side of the state. :LOL:

Thanks, CG. Yup, still in Jersey.

How can you miss the signs for the GSP? there are 7 million of them all along it's length. :LOL:

Jersey isn't just overcrowded beaches, shopping malls, and petrochemical plants like most people think. My nieces live near west 70 towards Pennsylvania. Very pretty down there. Good trout fishing.

Speaking of beaches, my boy should know better than to ask me to bury him in the sand (I told him to close his eyes so he didn't get sand in them):

Attachments

• 0804161738b.jpg
    0804161738b.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 68
Beautiful area you live in, bucky. So green! Funny pic, too - looks like the boy is good with his jokester dad. :LOL:
----------------------------------------------
Whoa....been COLD here in the mornings. 28F when I got up this morning around 7. If this early season cold weather keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised to see snow here in the valley this winter. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom