What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently @ 0 degrees F with about 6 inches of accumulation and it's still coming down, wind is blowing @ 16 MPH. I'm so not looking forward to driving home in the morning.

Be safe, PF. Do you have snow tires? Or do you just drive on a wing :angel: and a prayer?

...I have to work until 8 AM, then drive home in the snow (8" is predicted there), shovel the driveway when it stops, and be back at work by 3 PM.

Wish me luck.
That is a hellatious schedule, BT. I thought only computer tech support worked hours like that - Himself put in one too many 16+ hours a day as far as I was concerned. Now retired, he's home all the time...and I think wistfully of those 16-hour days of "me" time...
...I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead...
One of my Mom's favorite phrases. Except her's was a more certain "I'll sleep when I'm dead". :LOL: Also one I find myself uttering a lot lately. :wacko:

It has warmed up to 26ºF. from 2ºF. yesterday. And it is snowing. I keep hearing the snow plow going up and down the street.

It is currently -10 degrees F, wind is kicking the 7" of dry snow all over the place. This snow is not going to melt, just get worn away from the wind.

That is a hellatious schedule, BT. I thought only computer tech support worked hours like that - Himself put in one too many 16+ hours a day as far as I was concerned. Now retired, he's home all the time...and I think wistfully of those 16-hour days of "me" time...

One of my Mom's favorite phrases. Except her's was a more certain "I'll sleep when I'm dead". :LOL: Also one I find myself uttering a lot lately. :wacko:

We are 24 hour everything technical support. We broadcast 5 or more networks at any time (WCBS-NY, WPIX-NY, the CBS national networks including delays to later time zones, CBS International syndication, and various cable networks), plus video on demand, and CBS internet streaming. AND then there are shows being produced and edited all day long starting with the overnight news in the morning, and going through to the late shows before the overnight news starts again.
7 days a week. :neutral:

My wife constantly complains that I'm never home, but that's how you get a big house, a boat, 3 cars, and my hair and nails done every other week.
I mean her hair and nails...:ermm:

So, I work 70+ hours on the overnights just to be able to be home for family life. Sleep is a special occasion.

Anywho, I made it home after 2 hours of white knuckle driving, fishtailing the entire way. The 4 wheel drive on my truck decided to stop working today, of all days.

The snow and sleet has stopped, so it's time to get the driveway dug out. I hope they're plowing and salting the roads for the trip back.

We are 24 hour everything technical support. We broadcast 5 or more networks at any time (WCBS-NY, WPIX-NY, the CBS national networks including delays to later time zones, CBS International syndication, and various cable networks), plus video on demand, and CBS internet streaming. AND then there are shows being produced and edited all day long starting with the overnight news in the morning, and going through to the late shows before the overnight news starts again.
7 days a week. :neutral:

I'm going to start e-mailing you when CBS is acting wonky...:ROFLMAO: I can't miss NCIS...

Driving home this morning was a treat...I didn't have inclines and declines like Bucky, but the plows had manage to pack all the snow down, leaving a nice unstable driving surface. 35 MPH going home was just too slow, I'm only 15 minutes away from town, the 30 minute drive time was agonizing, especially with limited visibility.

And we've warmed up to -4 degrees F with a windchill of -26 degrees F.

I'm going to start e-mailing you when CBS is acting wonky...:ROFLMAO: I can't miss NCIS...

I love NCIS too. I have an NCIS t-shirt (kinda like an FBI or Police shirt)

You know, people on social media sites have told me that things were wrong with one of our broadcasts, and I was able to pass on the info to the offending affiliate.
I forget who it was (CG, maybe?), but someone here clued me in to a captioning problem once, and it ended up being a fairly big investigation.

I have the same weather as Bucky.

Lol, it was actually worse closer to the city. More ice on top of the snow. it was mostly all snow by me, and less of it.
RT 80 was really bad this morning all the way from the bridge to RT 23.

I love NCIS too. I have an NCIS t-shirt (kinda like an FBI or Police shirt)

You know, people on social media sites have told me that things were wrong with one of our broadcasts, and I was able to pass on the info to the offending affiliate.
I forget who it was (CG, maybe?), but someone here clued me in to a captioning problem once, and it ended up being a fairly big investigation.

Lol, it was actually worse closer to the city. More ice on top of the snow. it was mostly all snow by me, and less of it.
RT 80 was really bad this morning all the way from the bridge to RT 23.
Rt 23 sucks in the winter. Once I had to find a way to get from Newfoundland to Hackensack by back roads! Due to the fact 23 south was closed due to ice. That was a trek with a lot of interesting language!

...I forget who it was (CG, maybe?), but someone here clued me in to a captioning problem once, and it ended up being a fairly big investigation...
Yes! T'was I. From what I remember, it was some sort of strange quasi-political rant or something. I had mentioned that to Himself a while ago, then forgot about it again until you just mentioned it. Send me a PM with details as to what they found out, if you're allowed. Now my curiosity is up again.

We got about six inches of snow. Himself is slowly finishing his last cup of coffee before he has to go out and clear the driveway. We're supposed to get rain and temps rising to around 50 by Sunday afternoon, but then the roller coaster car will head back downhill. It won't be warm enough to clear all the snow. That means when things freeze again by Monday we'll have one awesome toboggan hill to go down! :ohmy: Driving back up? Not an option. :LOL:

That became, I think, a big thing in WBBH, Boston. I forget what local captioning provider it was, but I heard that a poor young single mother of 3, tired from a long day, hit the wrong switch and was fired for it.

Are you happy now?

Lol, just kidding. Lol, sorry. He heee.

There really was a big deal about it, but in my business, you don't drag up old problems when it's been passed on unless it can be word of mouth.
Outside, near an airport runway.

Oh BRRRRRR, Charlie! My teeth chatter just reading that.

It's slowly warming up. It's also raining. Himself came in from snow blowing a while ago looking like he had been standing under a small waterfall. Thankfully the driveway is clean. Once the rain is gone (around noon Sunday), we should have sunshine starting to move in. 25 and sunny on Monday doesn't sound too bad. Well, the sunny part isn't bad...

The scrawl at the bottom of the TV indicates a lot of church services and community events are canceled tomorrow. It's a nice 7°F and going down fast, not including a good wind chill (-30) and some blowing snow. I don't walk on our road, due to some black ice that likes to hide, and I'm clumsy. Beagle has to be dragged out to potty. I tried to explain that I could put a sweater on her, but she's not a sweater girl.

Last edited:
The scrawl at the bottom of the TV indicates a lot of church services and community events are canceled tomorrow. It's a nice 7°F and going down fast, not including a good wind chill (-30) and some blowing snow. I don't walk on our road, due to some black ice that likes to hide, and I'm clumsy. Beagle has to be dragged out to potty. I tried to explain that I could put a sweater on her, but she's not a sweater girl.

Hee hee! :LOL: While DH was walking Stryder, someone said he should put a sweater on her. He just grunted and kept going :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 1482038871959.jpg
    1482038871959.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 103

Yeah, are you responsible for the big changeover for our local NBC station? At just the right moment on Jan 1st, it will move from one channel to another. It better not be in the middle of a show. There are plenty of commercials they can interrupt.

Well, yesterday, I had the heat blasting full steam, all day without it ever shutting down. Today, the heat has been shut off all day.

Tomorrow is supposed to reach 57ºF. And yesterday it was down to 4ºF. An inch or so of snow that fell will be gone tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom